New to Lenormand

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Vervain

New to Lenormand

Post by Vervain »

Hey everyone,
So I picked up a Lenormand deck and the book "Learning Lenormand" by Marcus Katz and Tali Goodwin a few months ago, and I've been trying to learn. I've been trying to make it through the whole book before I read with the deck, but I've been doing some other reading besides that book on the side (some blogs, etc), and I thought, "Oh, I'll go see what people on EUTM have to say about Lenormand!" So I searched the keywords "Lenormand" and "Le Normand" and...

...the only result I got was something where I had mentioned I study Lenormand.

So I thought I'd ask--does anyone else here read/has anyone else here tried to read Lenormand/Le Normand? If so, what have been your experiences? Do you know anyone who does? Any stories would be appreciated.

I'm really used to Tarot, and I understand they are very different creatures--I am okay with that and I think I understand, but as a Tarot reader and someone who believes that nothing is ever set in stone, it is hard for me to accept a method of cartomancy that claims to predict actual events, more physical-plane things... I find myself wondering if my skepticism will hinder my ability to read the cards (part of why I'm looking for real life stories of people who have or have not had success with Lenormand), or if perhaps I'm thinking about it wrong.

Any thoughts? Experiences? Ideas? More questions for people who know more than I do?
Kassandra

Re: New to Lenormand

Post by Kassandra »

I have not tried using the deck myself. It sounds like an intriguing oracle deck. I have heard of a reader who uses them in spellwork as well, saying the imagery lends itself well to this purpose. Perhaps try using them in the Free Readings by Members forum, to give them a no-stress test run. :wink:

Vervain

Post by Vervain »

Thanks, Kassandra, I think I will do that when I am ready.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Great. Here's a Facebook page for it I stumbled upon. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Leno ... 0097526299

Vervain

Post by Vervain »

Thank you very much, CharlyC.
Of course, most of this is what I already knew somewhere, but the encouragement/reassurance is really good. It's good to hear from someone who does regularly read Lenormand. When I'm ready I think I will try out the free readings section.
Thanks again!
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Stumbledupon this blog tonight, and thought of your Lenormand studies, so here's the link:

lenormandguild.wordpress.com/

Enjoy.

azriel

Post by azriel »

Hello!

I have been using Lenormand and found that there is an interesting difference in the readings between them and Tarot/Oracle cards. Tarot and Oracle usually show me the feeling or emotion of a situation whereas Lenormand show me the actual situation. An example is....Tarot--> A conflict has arisen due to greed and something has ended. Lenormand--> There is tension with someone who used to be a loyal friend due to them eating away/abusing the others finances and now the connection between the two has been tied.

One is not better than the other, but I have found that Tarot/Oracle and Lenormand are better suited for certain questions rather than the other. With Tarot/Oracle there is a fair open amount of interpretation that can be made and this is very useful when trying to asses a situation and provide advice toward the Querent. On the other hand, I have found that Lenormand can provide specifics and shows what factors are affecting different areas in the Querent's life; minus the advice.

All in all, the Lenormand method is an interesting and beautiful form of divination that becomes easier with time and can be quite useful in all endeavors!

Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

I just started studying Lenormand. Im liking it. Ive never really connected to traditional tarot but love using Oracle decks and find them better for me. My favorite deck so far is the Gypsy Witch deck which is based on the Lenormand decks.

I just bought two new Lenormand decks and have started doing readings.

Return to “General Divination”