Flying Ointment - Experiences?

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Alura Noel

Flying Ointment - Experiences?

Post by Alura Noel »

Has anyone had an experience with flying ointments? What was it like for you? I haven't been able to find much information about peoples personal experiences with real flying ointment (an "original" recipe where the plants aren't subsituted for less/non poisonous plants)...
Vesca

Re: Flying Ointment - Experiences?

Post by Vesca »

All the recipes I've ever come across involve illegal or highly toxic substances (often both). Not something I'm willing to put my body through personally.

If you're looking for something to help you with 'flying,' we could probably dig out some options?

If you're just curious for curious' sake, I'll be quiet and keep an eye on the thread to see what others have encountered. ^^
Alura Noel

Post by Alura Noel »

I'm more so curious than anything else. I saw this video on youtube and it got me to thinking about it. But maybe you could go ahead and share your ideas anyways of other options too. :) I know that the ointment was used for trance work but beyond that I haven't researched it. Like you said, most of the ingredients are highly toxic. Illegal, not sure I would have to check for the state I live in.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wGL-lngQdbE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwGL-lngQdbE
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Phyrefly, we really can't follow much of your writing and it's coming across as gibberish to us. I'm sure it's just way over our heads, but if you can't write in a more simple manner it's going to be pointless to post here.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Alura wrote:I'm more so curious than anything else. I saw this video on youtube and it got me to thinking about it. But maybe you could go ahead and share your ideas anyways of other options too. :) I know that the ointment was used for trance work but beyond that I haven't researched it. Like you said, most of the ingredients are highly toxic. Illegal, not sure I would have to check for the state I live in.
Personally, I find aromatherapy, music, and being in a space where I can relax without worrying about anyone calling or dropping by for a good amount of time to work particularly well.

Best I can tell is that flying ointments were generally aimed towards a balance between deep relaxation and probably hallucinations or delusions. The relaxation part you can definitely achieve without the aid of dangerous chemicals, and the hallucinations and delusions... I can't think of any way that would ever be particularly helpful. :)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Phyrefly...
I don't think suggesting the owner of the site to be stupid or lazy was a good call.
phyrefly wrote: and those less fotunate
...uh, spell check?
phyrefly wrote:One moves toward the education, not the other way around.
I would have liked to explore the plant world with you, but sadly, ....you'll be gone soon
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

firebirdflys wrote:Phyrefly...
I don't think suggesting the owner of the site to be stupid or lazy was a good call.
lol, tru dat! :wink2:
firebirdflys wrote:I would have liked to explore the plant world with you, but sadly, ....you'll be gone soon
FF
And let me just say that it wasn't solely my idea to boot you. The majority of the mods thought you were writing in an overly complicated, somewhat gibberish-y, fashion that was difficult to read, though one of them did say that you seemed to really know your herbs. I wouldn't have noticed you if they hadn't pointed you out to me. Anyway, have a good life.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”