Spell for TV Addiction?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Starpetra

Spell for TV Addiction?

Post by Starpetra »

Hi all,
About eight months ago my husband and I brought a 44" TV. While it is fantastic to look at at everything is so clear and beautiful.
IT IS TAKING OVER OUR LIVES!!!!
Well, not literally of course but both of us have become worse couch potatoes than we should be. My husband doesn't think there is any problem as he's happy to watch hours and hours of sport.
Anyway, does anyone have a spell that limits TV viewing? I know I could make one up myself but I don't yet feel that confident in my own spell making.
Any help would be gladly welcomed.

Thanks

Starpetra
Of Fairies, Witches, Gypsies,
My nourrice sang to me ,
Sua Gypsies, Fairies, Witches,
I alsua synge to thee."
("Denham Tract.")
[scifichick]

Post by [scifichick] »

I don't think you need a spell. I think you need to talk to your husband about it. First of all, you can't forbid him to watch TV. Well, maybe you can, but I don't think that will go over well. Schedule something else to do with him instead of TV. Take him for a walk or something...
Only in silence the word,/ only in dark the light,/ only in dying life:/ bright the hawk's flight/ on the empty sky. --Le Guin
Starpetra

Post by Starpetra »

Thanks scifichick
youre quite right and I don't plan on trying to ban him from the tele as he'd only laugh. As for the walks etc, we do that and we have a lot of time together and with our dog. However I'd like the tele off more than it is and I can't say that I don't watch too much either.
If anyone has any tips they'd be much appreciated. Maybe a spell is the wrong thing to ask for but maybe someone has a feng shui tip or something.
Cheers to all

Starpetra
My nourrice sang to me ,
I alsua synge to thee."
("Denham Tract.")
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

Maybe you should make a list of your favorite shows, the time they come on and the channel that they are on so you can just go right to your fav programs. I know I tend to watch more tv if I flip through the channels rather than just go to the channel the show I want to watch is on. lol
**Nothing is set in stone**
Starpetra

Post by Starpetra »

Cheers Moonlit,
I'll try that with my husband. Of course it probably won't make much difference with him as he is always in control of the remote and is a channel flicking demon. I swear he can flick through channels so fast they barely register in my brain before he's onto the next, and he's knows what they are lol. Thats one of the reasons I know there's a problem.
I do blame part of problem on the fact that the tele is so big, we never watched as much when we only had our little 21".
My nourrice sang to me ,
I alsua synge to thee."
("Denham Tract.")
[scifichick]

Post by [scifichick] »

I think it's in the male DNA to flip through channels :lol: Annoys the heck out of me :lol:
Only in silence the word,/ only in dark the light,/ only in dying life:/ bright the hawk's flight/ on the empty sky. --Le Guin
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

I SO know the feeling! My dad recently bought one of those monsters, and it's so easy to stop walking past and just sit down!!! Damn technology!
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

I'm addicted to listening to music vodeos in the morning lol
**Nothing is set in stone**
Starpetra

Post by Starpetra »

I'm addicted to anything to do with home improvement. DIY is my hobbie, except it doesn't always work and it doesn't always get finished, lol
My nourrice sang to me ,
I alsua synge to thee."
("Denham Tract.")
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

I understand that. I love the DIY too. (My last project I didn't want to finish, but I had no choice by that point... I was destroying an old couch in my living room, and there was wood and springs everywhere! What a mess.)

So far as the husband, I have one of those remote control-controller, flicker demons in my home too. Yep. That's just what they turn into after marriage and as they age, I guess. One thing I could suggest would be to implement some "sexy games" instead of TV. Perhaps strip-Scrabble or something like that. (Because you know, men will take sexy activities with a smile and leave that TV or anything else behind!) :28:

Also if you could find some activities he enjoys away from the TV, and find your own interest in them too-- you could share in those.

Best of luck! I know how hard husbands are... especially when they have their "best friend with buttons" in their hand.

~BB~
Starpetra

Post by Starpetra »

For anyone thats interested (probably no one, hehe)

I've found a cure to the problem of my TV taking over. The solution though may become a problem.
When I first made the post I only ever used the computer at my mum's or work but now I've finally got the internet at home. So now instead of being found sitting around watching tele I can be found surfing the web and hanging out in great places like this or my other favourite the ISC (scrabble). If anyone happens to be a member, I doubt it though, challenge me to a game.
Anyway one problem is solved and I'm sure this will become just as ugly lol.

Love to all here

Starpetra
My nourrice sang to me ,
I alsua synge to thee."
("Denham Tract.")
Comus

Post by Comus »

Get out in the frash air, go for a walk, read a book and don't worry!
Idz qaala
Starpetra

Post by Starpetra »

Thanks Comus
I'm so not worried lol. I've added to my addictions now lol. I brought playstation BUZZ the other day. It is so much fun, except hubby keeps beating me lol.
BB

Starpetra
My nourrice sang to me ,
I alsua synge to thee."
("Denham Tract.")

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”