I can't relax enough

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
MyDarkCelticFlames

I can't relax enough

Post by MyDarkCelticFlames »

For the past two days, I have tried meditating and I can't get to a deeper relaxation - I'm pretty sure its because of all the stress I'm going through. Does anyone have any techniques to help relax when theyre under stress?
Thanks in advanced <3
Blessed Be.
Klia

Re: I can't relax enough

Post by Klia »

I'm very new to meditation but I have come across many tips that may help.

-- Focus only on your breaths. Count either up or down as long as you can every time you inhale and exhale - slowly. Every time something pops into your head, restart your count.
-- Think of only dark space in your mind, or a landscape you love - like the woods, ocean, your favorite park, etc. The sounds of birds, waves crashing, trees swaying in the wind, etc.
-- Light a candle and put it in front of you and stare at the flame. Your eyes will get tired, and hopefully your mind too.
-- I always listen to music when I meditate to calm me down. There are tons of apps for your phone or CDs to buy.
-- Tell yourself over and over that you will think about what is bothering you after your meditation and believe it. Chances are when you're done with meditating you won't even want to think about what was on your mind before. You tricked your mind into quieting down and ignoring the subject.
"The will to do, the soul to dare is yours for the taking if you prepare."
Garnetsun

Post by Garnetsun »

Kila have very goo tips indeed !THose are the basics for meditation, or to help you enter a more relaxed state, before sleeping, before meditating, or just calm your mind and body.
I can also add this one :
When you want to relax, lie down, preferably not on your bed, since it is easier to fall asleep. Close your eyes, and begin to feel your body, from your toes to your head. Contract each muscle for about 3 seconds (still from toes to head), to raise awareness of your body, and relax your mind. It will help you relax, and even meditate ! You can do that when you wake up, when you go to bed, or when you have time. It will be quite difficult the first time, since you can miss some mscle, and skip it.

Hope it helps!
(I also saw a tip which says to imagine a wall. Then, when the visualisation is steady, imagine it passing to all rainbow colors, and focus as long as you can on indigo. It says it helps for many things, including comunnicating with Deities and guides, but i haven't tested it yet)
"People only see what they are prepared to see."
Ever changing, ever learning, ever growing.
MyDarkCelticFlames

Post by MyDarkCelticFlames »

Thank you! I'll try these out tonight. :)
Klia

Post by Klia »

Ha thanks Garnetsun <3 I was actually just talking to someone else about meditating in bed. We learned our lesson the first time! zzzzzzzzzz
"The will to do, the soul to dare is yours for the taking if you prepare."

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”