YanaKhan's gazillion projects :)

If you'd like to have your own blog here, start yourself a thread. Use your member name somewhere in the title so people will know who you are. The blogs here should be mostly about your spiritual path and beliefs.
YanaKhan

Re: YanaKhan's gazillion projects :)

Post by YanaKhan »

Thanks, Becks, somehow I missed your post. Yeah, we had a great time :)

And I've been busy again. I somehow missed This thread too and when I noticed it, I suddenly found out I have a new mania :D (surprise surprise).
And I called my mom to see if she kept my brother's pyrography thingy, but she got rid of it years ago and what did I do? I went and bought myself a new one. Turned out they are not expensive at all and mine has 5 different tips. Not as easy to work with though, I have 2 small burnings on my fingers and now I kinda look like Michael Jackson (may he rest in peace), but hey, not the first injury I get while doing projects.

So anyway, I took some time off my knitting my daughter a sweater (I'll show you, guys once I'm finished) and this is the result (I'm not as good as I wish I was, but I can only get better):
Attachments
IMG_20151117_170303.jpg
IMG_20151117_170254.jpg
IMG_20151117_170225.jpg
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

As I promised, here's my daughter's new sweater, knit by me :)
She likes it, and to be fair, I am quite proud of myself, because this is the first sweater I make.
Attachments
Sweater.jpg
sweater1.jpg
Becks

Post by Becks »

Wow! Talented!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

That's great Yana! Looks so warm and cozy smileylove
...is it wool? Really nice job dear you have every right to be proud!
I never did learn how to knit, but I can crochet a little.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

That's a beautiful sweater. And a beautiful model wearing it.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Thank you, ladies :)
Yes, ff, it's wool, but it's not prickly :) And I actually find crocheting a lot harder :) Even though I know how to knit, I had to look up starting a finishing, because I had never done that before. But there are youtube clips about everything :)
And thanks, Snow, she's my princess :)
Now it's my sweater's turn - I started it ages ago and have a sleeve to finish it. Will post pictures too.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Continuing with the pyrography.
I sometimes have long breaks while at work, so having nothing better to do, here's my attempt to make some bindrunes and Fatima's hand:
Attachments
IMG_20151208_084416.jpg
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I had a dream last night where I had to make my friend a protection pendant. She's seven months pregnant. I don't really know what she needs protection from, but here it is. I will give it to her as a new year present.
Attachments
Nephrite protection pendant.
Nephrite protection pendant.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

And after making my set of Witch's runes, Becks suggested and I agreed, I need a divination cloth. I already have one I use for my Tarot readings, but I thought the runes deserve a new cloth too.
So here we go: I had this black cloth, so I embroidered a pentagram on it. At first, I thought of other symbols, but after I finished the pentagram, I felt it was enough. Runes don't need other symbols.

And, of course the pics:
Attachments
DSC_0033.jpg
DSC_0032.jpg
DSC_0031.jpg
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

OK, ladies and gents, I have a new obsession (and I hear you say "and this is news?") :D And it's Kumihimo.
I just love it. I've made 7 - 8 bracelets during the weekend and I'll soon post pictures (my daughter is wearing them today). It's also an excellent thing to do with your kids - my kid absolutely loves it - I write patterns and she follows them and is amazed by what she gets in the end. So, a fantastic thing to show your children and to do during the long winter evenings and then brag with :)

As you may know, I don't like buying things I can do myself, so the Kumihimo disc and plate I made. They are not expensive at all, but as I live in a very small town (grumble grumble), of course I can't find them anywhere, so I need to purchase them via internet and usually that's fine, but in this case, the discs will cost less than the delivery. So, I took one of my daughter's huge foam puzzles and cut out the discs and made the discs and plates :)

There are some incredible videos on youtube about this and it's actually pretty easy to do. Next step is to start adding beads to my bracelets.
Expect pictures soon :)
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

I am a kumihimo nut, I use gemstone beads, it is really very meditative, the basic plait has a rhythm to it that really calms the mind, I take mine everywhere, it's easier than a heavy book lol

I caught your pyro bits, what did you use, I couldn't find the post saying if what it was?
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Ivy wrote:I am a kumihimo nut, I use gemstone beads, it is really very meditative, the basic plait has a rhythm to it that really calms the mind, I take mine everywhere, it's easier than a heavy book lol
Yes, it does, doesn't it :) I absolutely love it.
Ivy wrote:I caught your pyro bits, what did you use, I couldn't find the post saying if what it was?
I used a regular pyrographer I bought in a local hardware store, nothing really special. If you mean the chips, I found these wood patterns that were supposed to be used for drawing, but I cut them and used them for pyrography :)
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Here are two of the finished Kumihimo bracelets :) I absolutely LOVE the technique.
If you're wondering why they are both read and white, it's because on 1st of March, here we give each other martenitsas. The tradition is really old and pagan, so I thought this year instead of buying, we'll make them. Me and my daughter have already started and it's so much fun!
Attachments
DSC_0034.jpg
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Here's a sample of my obsession :) - a small part of what I've made so far, but the others are pretty much the same :)
Attachments
DSC_0047.jpg
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

And another kumihimo creation. The ends are not as neat as I would like them to be, but this is because I don't have any clasps, so once I obtain some, I'll redo them.

I watched This tutorial and I must say, this is the best channel for kumihimo I've watched so far :)
Attachments
DSC_0051.jpg
DSC_0050.jpg

Return to “Members' Personal Blogs”