Elemental magick...good books/websites?

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
Signe

Elemental magick...good books/websites?

Post by Signe »

Hi all, long time no see

I've not been on much lately....it's been a busy summer! But now I'm winding down into winter I'm starting to get time to read and learn again. Although I have always to some extent asked for the help of the elements, I am finding myself increasingly drawn to elemental magick as a defined path and wondered if anyone has suggestions for good texts/websites to find guidance?

Thanks and bb to all

Signe x
Heartsong

Re: Elemental magick...good books/websites?

Post by Heartsong »

I found Scott Cunningham's Earth, Water, Air & Fire to be a pretty good read. He offers some lovely spells and methods for connecting with the elements, as well as the stars. :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

Heartsong wrote:I found Scott Cunningham's Earth, Water, Air & Fire to be a pretty good read. He offers some lovely spells and methods for connecting with the elements, as well as the stars. :)

I second what Heartsong said. That book is simply amazing and should defintely help you in what you need. Cunningham is one of the best author's out there.
p3nathan

Post by p3nathan »

I am currently reading Initiation into Hermetics by Franz Bardon which goes into great detail about the elements and how they work within us and around us in the world. I'm only part way into it and it's making me think of the elements in powerful new ways.
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

oooh, I'm adding that to my wishlist. :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
p3nathan

Post by p3nathan »

It's very interesting. It explains how we are embodiments of of the processes the elements go through in the world around us. It's fascinating.
Lover of War

Post by Lover of War »

I'm reading the way of four spellbook. It talks about the elements and their place in magick.
Signe

Post by Signe »

Interesting suggestions folks....thank you so much :) I really feel I've found the right path now and want to learn all I can. Time for some good old fashioned reading! ;)

Signe X
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Lillady wrote:
Heartsong wrote:I found Scott Cunningham's Earth, Water, Air & Fire to be a pretty good read. He offers some lovely spells and methods for connecting with the elements, as well as the stars. :)

I second what Heartsong said. That book is simply amazing and should definitely help you in what you need. Cunningham is one of the best author's out there.
It should be noted that is actually the squeal to his book Earth Power which is just as good. After he wrote Earth Power he was given an overwhelming amount of letters about elemental magic. That is why he wrote the second book with further materials.

So I third Earth, Air, Fire, & Water: More techniques of natural magic but also offer up in addition the first book in the two part series Earth Power. Both books cover all of the elements. Both have very simple and effective elemental spells. Both teach an effective way of working with the elemental energies.

I use both and work with both regularly. I often look there first for spell guidance when I am looking for an idea or concept to base my own spell work off of. There is a reason a lot of my spells have an elemental alignment to them. I've often found that I can work the same intent or spell in different forms based on the different elements.

Deborah Lipp has a two book series on working elemental magic that could be useful to you. I haven't read them or explored them myselves. I have seen them recommended several times though.

Finally Natural Magic by Doreen Valiente has some good information on working with the elements. She also covers working with some types of weather in the book as well as other natural phenomena.
Signe

Post by Signe »

Brilliant :) Thank you so much for the suggestions

BB

Signe

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”