Developing Relationships with All the Elements

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Developing Relationships with All the Elements

Post by Firebird »

Oooo, wish I could join you! we could dance and sing :flyingwitch:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Kyrie

Post by Kyrie »

I think it's important to strive to be balanced in all elements. I will admit that some elements will be harder to connect with than others, and it's these elements we need to focus on working with more. For instance, I'm a Scorpio, so I naturally connect with water. I'm also pretty well connected with earth. Fire, not so much. And I'm way off when it comes to air! Air is the realm of thought and communication. Being imbalanced here means that I have a tendency to speak before I think, and usually end up putting my foot in my mouth. This is something I really have to focus on controlling.

I plan on doing a year-long study of the elements to deepen my connection. Each element is associated with a season: Earth-winter, air-spring, fire-summer, and water-fall. At the turn of each season, I will begin working with a new element, studying correspondences, and practicing elemental magick.

I'm hoping that by doing this, I can enhance my magick overall as well as balance my personality instead of going from one extreme to the other (typical Scorpio!)
p3nathan

Post by p3nathan »

This is something I'm trying to develop. I've always had a natural connection to air. I've been working with fire more and have successfully done some synchronicity exercises with candle flames. I've worked with earth quite a bit and I garden a lot. Water is probably the one that needs the most time for me, but it's coming along.
LadyCoyote

Post by LadyCoyote »

yeah, separating and associating yourself with a particular element seems counterproductive towards the aspect of balance within nature in wicca. I mean yes, you can have preferences, but examining and looking at all of the elements and their qualities challenge you and question yourself. the elements can be explorative, and binding yourself to one element in this sort of materialistic viewpoint doesn't take you anywhere
VesperLuna

Post by VesperLuna »

Hello everyone. Sorry to jump in the middle of your conversation, but I have a question.

*Backstory: I am a Libra (Sept.23rd), so my element is air. Although I am an Air symbol, I feel a deep seeded connection with the color green and the Earth element. I believe that I am well rounded in the elements though, and find inspiration from all of them (comfort and warmth with fire, emotions and intellectual stimulation from water and air and the wholesome feeling from earth).

As I explore more into Wicca and find myself and my path, I am worried that I will lose touch with the other elements. I seem to be 'only' interested in green! Haha. Is this normal? How can I encompass more of the elements into my life? Does being so comfortable in nature make me a garden witch?
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hello, VesperLuna! I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with being drawn to understand a particular element for a while. Sometimes, one of the elements has a particular lesson to teach us during a phase in our life. Understanding one element deeper may actually help you understand the others better as well.I think so long as the core of your exploration comes from a place of balance, I'm sure it will be a fulfilling experience.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”