Nature Mandalas - Review

Review and recommend pagan, spiritual, Wicca, & witchcraft books.
Alura Noel

Nature Mandalas - Review

Post by Alura Noel »

Nature Mandalas - A Coloring Book Review
Creative Haven
Dover Publications

Lately, I have been getting more into art therapy (and using it as a way to relax/meditate in some cases). So thought I would review some of the coloring books that are more alternative or new age-ish that I have been coloring.

For more Reviews

A coloring page I haven't finished yet... for More pictures of what people have colored. The paper looks not as white because of the lighting.

There are 31 designs that are printed on one side only. The designs include a lot of common bugs, flowers, vines, trees, birds, and sea life. It is also perforated to make it easier to pull out coloring pages to display.

What I liked:

Paper:
The tooth of the paper is pretty good. I love how it is single printed because then you don't have to worry about markers leaking onto the other side of the image. The paper seems thicker than "normal" coloring pages and the color of the page is white, not that beige, recycled look.

Designs:
I like how not all of the designs were a perfect circle and there really is a huge variety of different themes. I feel like this would be a good first buy for someone just getting into mandalas because some of the designs are not as complex (while others are). I am finding that sometimes coloring fine, tiny spaces can be getting more of an opposite effect of relaxing for me. But this coloring book has a nice balance of complex and simple.

What I didn't like:

The plan for me when I got this book was to keep the pages intact and not color on them. And instead, copy them with a printer onto a nicer quality of paper so I can use this coloring book for years. It's a thicker book since it has more designs (not complaining!) but its hard to copy them with my printer. So now I have to cut the pages out to copy them perfectly. I plan on keeping them in a folder...

Now the pages are Perforated but they are still really hard to pull out. I don't want to risk tearing it so I cut along the perforated area with scissors slowly and carefully. So that's a bit of a hassle but not a deal breaker.

I'd give this coloring book a 4.5 out of 5. The only reason why it didn't get a 5 is because the pages are so hard to tear out.
Kassandra

Re: Nature Mandalas - Review

Post by Kassandra »

Interesting. Thanks for sharing, Alura. ; )

Return to “Book Reviews”