Is There one type of witch craft stronger than another?

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
Aceso

Is There one type of witch craft stronger than another?

Post by Aceso »

I have this question because someone who is near and dear to me is being attack by someone. Leaving Scratches on his body and know every time he is near me (sexually )it fails and another scratch appears. I feel this person used voodoo. Is that the strongest form. I need information please.
dreadedpsychopomp

Re: Is There one type of witch craft stronger than another?

Post by dreadedpsychopomp »

I don't think there are definitely stronger forms but there are reasons why it could be stronger.

1. Like it or not, everyone is not equal. Power, strength, will, actual skill, etc. are different in each person.

2. Different types of entities one could work with. Some are stronger as a whole or individually than others.

3. Whether someone works as a group or alone. More people add in more power to any working for obvious reasons.

To me, it sounds like there's an entity or entities involved. Can you say more about the situation in general? What specifically makes you think it's vodou?

Edit to add: I don't know much about Vodou but I know plenty about malefic magic and aggressive entities.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Well said, dreadedpsychopomp. Very good points raised.

TheGirlOfSecrets

Post by TheGirlOfSecrets »

Questions about who is the most powerful witch doctor in Africa, and which kind of witchcraft is the most powerful are continually being asked. Black magic is no stronger than white magic – again it is the application of wizardry and power that makes one triumph over another.
I am always never not broken.
Kassandra

Dueling Wizards

Post by Kassandra »

TheGirlOfSecrets wrote:Questions about who is the most powerful witch doctor in Africa, and which kind of witchcraft is the most powerful are continually being asked.
Seriously, magical folk can be some of the most competitive egomaniacs, ever. lol Unfortunately, wherever you go on this planet there will be "my magic wand is bigger than your magic wand, so you must obey me" b.s. to contend with (or should I have said, "my magic willy pepper..."?). It really turned me off about the metaphysical community in my area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KSluX-_yDY
I don't know, I like Gandalf's wavy, wash-n-wear look better. Saruman's flat-ironed look is just
too...flat. Saruman's hi-tech iWand 6 is cool, though. Gandalf really should upgrade. I think after
losing this fight, he did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNU-sbi2dJE
...and the Japanese version? hehe

Ha, speaking of dueling wizards, what with all the do-it-yourself special effects that come with software packages nowadays, I've been seeing a lot of these kinds of fun vids on YouTube..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikErZpXbvPE#t=167

dreadedpsychopomp

Kassandra wrote:Seriously, magical folk can be some of the most competitive egomaniacs, ever. lol Unfortunately, wherever you go on this planet there will be "my magic wand is bigger than your magic wand, so you must obey me" b.s. to contend with (or should I have said, "my magic willy pepper..."?). It really turned me off about the metaphysical community in my area.
LOL it's not just the metaphysical community, either. I've even known Christians who barely do anything at all with their religion except pay lip service talk about how they're practically bullet proof against any and all harm EVER because they believe in Christ. And even worse, could take on and reverse any spells or even spirits and entities ever... just because. It's silly and reeks of insecurity. Anyone who actually is protected, powerful, etc. doesn't go on about it.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

dreadedpsychopomp wrote:Anyone who actually is protected, powerful, etc. doesn't go on about it.
No, they don't. I find the most knowledgeable and effective ones are usually the humble and quiet ones. They don't talk, they just do, and before you know it, it's just done.

Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Kassandra wrote: I don't know, I like Gandalf's wavy, wash-n-wear look better. Saruman's flat-ironed look is just
too...flat. Saruman's hi-tech iWand 6 is cool, though. Gandalf really should upgrade. I think after
smiley_dance Kassandra, you are so silly! lol :fairy:
p3nathan

Post by p3nathan »

Voodoo is similar to most forms of magick; in that it is a generally benevolent practice which can be used to harm if it is the user's intent. And as with other forms of magick, the bad is usually focused on in media, which is why people hear Voodoo and instantly think of stabbing someone via a Voodoo Doll.
It does however focus on calling spirits and entities to do works of magick, so if you think an entity of some sort is doing this, it could indeed be a malicious Voodoo practitioner. However it isn't the only possibility.

Do you have any anti-hex spells that you can try?
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Starwitch wrote:
Kassandra wrote: I don't know, I like Gandalf's wavy, wash-n-wear look better. Saruman's flat-ironed look is just
smiley_dance Kassandra, you are so silly! lol :fairy:
Haha, sometimes I like to keep it light, Starwitch.

p3nathan wrote:...it could indeed be a malicious Voodoo practitioner. However it isn't the only possibility.
But, back to your original post, Aceso. I think comments here pretty much lean toward it's a matter of the practitioner's abilities and how the spell was cast, not so much what "type of witchcraft is stronger than another." Personally, I've seen wannabe Voodoo practitioners who find out the hard way they hadn't taken the time to properly acquire the skills and training they liked believing they somehow automatically had.

Likewise, I have seen grounded, focused Wiccans cast some pretty strong, effective spells, so it would be a mistake to think Wicca, for example, is "weaker" than other types of magic. Based on my observations, I've come to believe it all depends on the practitioner, and as dreadedpsychopomp pointed out above, other factors involved in how the spell was cast.

dreadedpsychopomp wrote:Can you say more about the situation in general? What specifically makes you think it's vodou?
If you would like EUTM members to make suggestions on what your friend should do at this point, as dreadedpsychopomp mentioned it would be helpful if you provided more details about the situation, so they could have a more complete picture of what exactly is going on.

But if the comments on this thread have already answered your question, at least somewhat, it would be nice if you would let us know that too, so we won't keep posting on this topic, blindly.

Thanks.

Aceso

Post by Aceso »

dreadedpsychopomp wrote:
Kassandra wrote:.
Oh, magical folks can be some of the most competitive egomaniacs, ever! lol Unfortunately, there's a lot of "my magic wand is bigger than your magic wand" wherever you go on this planet (or should I have said, "my magic willy pepper..."?). It's very childish. It really turned me off about the metaphysical community in my area.
LOL it's not just the metaphysical community, either. I've even known Christians who barely do anything at all with their religion except pay lip service talk about how they're practically bullet proof against any and all harm EVER because they believe in Christ. And even worse, could take on and reverse any spells or even spirits and entities ever... just because. It's silly and reeks of insecurity. Anyone who actually is protected, powerful, etc. doesn't go on about it.

Sorry for late reply. He is being scratched up. His lower back, chest, stomach, and sholders. It hasn't happened in 4 days yet there have been occurences in the house. Things being flipped over and put else where. He is the oly one being attacked. in a house of four. Why?
dreadedpsychopomp

Aceso wrote: Sorry for late reply. He is being scratched up. His lower back, chest, stomach, and sholders. It hasn't happened in 4 days yet there have been occurences in the house. Things being flipped over and put else where. He is the oly one being attacked. in a house of four. Why?
Does he have any enemies? You said it's worse when he's with you. Is one of his exes particularly angry toward him? Has he done anyone seriously wrong? Has he discovered that any of his belongings are missing? What about new things that weren't there before? Have any of you found any unexplained powders, dirt, objects, etc. in or around your home? Has he received any gifts around the time this started?

Those are questions to consider for being cursed or hexed. Now here are some for purely entity related issues.

Has he recently been somewhere new, or that he shouldn't have been? Has he felt like he shouldn't be somewhere? Has he perhaps done something in a place that someone might not approve of? This can be something as simple as cussing in a cemetery or spitting on land that a spirit is attached to. Did he go anywhere or do anything outside of his norm just before this started? And, of course, look into the history of your home.

Here are some other things to consider: What is he dreaming about? Look for clues in his dreams. If none of this sounds like it could be the case, look at his nearest and dearest. Sometimes the target isn't available so something goes after someone else in the crossfire who is available. Sometimes people also go after those close to their real target because it will hurt their target more.

I hope this helps. No one here can tell you with any certainty what is going on because we aren't involved, but we can help by trying to direct you in the right direction. If you can, please consider buying a book on occult protection and doing what it says. That will probably help a lot more than we can. And, of course, if it's too much to handle on your own, don't hesitate to find a reputable professional who can help.

Edit to add: It sounds like it might be a poltergeist. Is he holding any emotions in that could be fueling it, including anger toward himself? Is anyone in your home particularly angry but not saying anything? It's also likely that, by attacking only him, you're all feeding it energy, which it wants and needs to function.
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

Thank you for answering me. I have done several things as you mentioned. I considered he is fueling the entitiy with his negative feelings. Also i had him ask for a sign in his dreams who could be doing this to him and a woman appeared to him. It sounded like his ex wife. i am wondering did she send that to him out of anger. Ever since I asked him to ask about who his doing this and to stay positive it has stopped. I will get the book s you suggest thanks.
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

I want to thank all of you for your help. I thought i was going in a weird direction but I think I hit the bulls eye. I am going to do a good protection spell. I will tell you all how it turns out. Thank you again. Blessed be.
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

TheGirlOfSecrets wrote:Questions about who is the most powerful witch doctor in Africa, and which kind of witchcraft is the most powerful are continually being asked. Black magic is no stronger than white magic – again it is the application of wizardry and power that makes one triumph over another.
Thanks for answering.

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”