Year and a Day with the Elements

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
Aceso

Re: Year and a Day with the Elements

Post by Aceso »

I live in an apartment so I just recieved the seeds of herbs to plant. I'm So excited and I am getting better at grounding and shielding my self from negative energy.
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

Well my herbs grew even during the snow storms. It has been difficult to ground lately but still going to do so. Trying to focus on tarots and see if I can master it.
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

March is almost upon us and the next element is air. Nera what are you doing for this element?
Kyrie

Post by Kyrie »

I haven't had time to get on here lately, but I did reach my goal of getting my debt paid off! I feel like there are sill so many more things I want to accomplish! March came too fast lol. I still have to get my garden ready! I haven't done much as far as learning tarot, but I am getting better at grounding.

As for what to do with air.....hmm. I'm not sure. I'll put some thought into it and see what I can come up with. If you think of anything, let me know! :)
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

ok I'll think on it
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi guys...shouldn't you be on to your Air element as of Ostara?
I know Nera said it was hard for her to meditate, but that would be an excellent Air oriented project. Air is associated with the mind and thoughts.
Meditation was incredibly intimidating to me when I first started doing it. I kept getting so frustrated trying to get a "clear" head (HA! that was like the task of tasks) my f-ing head never did shut up. I gave up initially. Then a friend said you don't have to get your head quiet. WHaaa...? Ok now I'm listening....She said let the thoughts roll in, but then let them roll out....and don't start by trying to get a half an hour under your belt right away, start with 5 minutes or 3 minutes. Set a timer, you will be surprised how fast the time will go by. If you can do this at the same time of day, it also helps. So I tried....not at the same time of day, but when I could squeeze it in. Little by little I found it worked. I focus on my breath mostly (ha! Air :D ) When the messed up thoughts come, I say ...away! in my mind, and the next messed up thought comes, ....away! or maybe the same messed up thought comes...back to focusing on the breath, and ....away.
There are many ways to meditate, some like a mantra or mandala to focus on, and you can try that, but I found focusing on the breath to be very easy.
The practice of meditation is very important to a well schooled witch, you will find it helps in all areas of your magical workings, it especially helps me in divination, and when Aspecting the Goddess.
many blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

I have been having a hard time meditating at home. But I think I will do it somewhere else. I feel blocked.
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

Hello just catching up with all of you. I have completed the air cycle and now I am on fire. I have been struggling on this. Any suggestion? Need help.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

One of my favorite ways to connect with fire is to actually build a fire, taking the time to put together a well built fire is very rewarding.
If you have never done this it can be intimidating, Let me know if you need tips.
Bb, ff
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

That is a great idea.
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

Merry meet to you all. Sorry that I have not posted what I was up too. So from Lughnasadh to Samhain I did allot of meditation listening to the breaking of the ocean. I also have gold fish (Gold,White and Black) and a red eared slider turtle and I took care of them communing with them.

Samhain to Imbolic is earth I have planted an avocado tree that has grown from a nut. I am very proud of it. I am also trying out different spells using different types of soil. For example I used sand (soil of the sea) it's a great exfoliate to remove dead skin. As it works I put my intention into it. Like if I am soaking my feed with sand and water. I envision it taking away impurities in by body the chant to my self "As I walk forward from this day onward lead me to my goal of peace." you put your own intention to it.

That's it for now.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hey Aceso!
Looks like Nera droped off about 10 months ago,
and so much involved in the studies was missed. I have been considering trying this again, but on a different thread, and the starting point would be Feb 2nd at Imbolc. We would follow the seasons as I described on the first page of this message. Do you think you would be interested? Or is any one else?
Bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

Is it on the elements? Or another aspect. I would be interested.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I'm not completely sure yet, it may be a quarter study...like starting with Air and east correspondences. What do you think?
ff
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Kyrie

Post by Kyrie »

WHOA! Holy crap! I can't believe this thread is still going after all this time!!!

I did drop off for a while there. I honestly don't know what happened. I guess I just got overwhelmed with my day-to-day life that I needed a break to sort through everything.

So.. I'm back! And I'm glad to see that my idea was able to help some people even if I didn't fully participate. Sorry :/ I am excited to get back in the swing of things. I'm on the brink of my Saturn return and I'm feeling to need to find the balance between my spirituality and my daily responsibilities and not let one overrule the other.

I look forward to seeing you guys around the board again!

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”