I think im meant to be a healer

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
BabyBear

I think im meant to be a healer

Post by BabyBear »

I hope this is where i put this and if not just let me know but i would like your opinions please......

Earlier this year in April i went decided to take more active role in my heritage and went with my cousin to the annual Cherokee Native American pow wow, and we were looking through these booths set up, and this one booth had arrow head necklace for only $3, other booths had them too but i keep coming back to this green one for some reason, I was even thinking about getting a wolf made out of a tooth of some sort cus it reminded me of my spirit animal, but this green arrowhead keep coming back up in my mind and me thinking it was just my ocd i was like i guess ill get this one or it will bug me forever, so i got it and to be honest ive not touched or wore it since i got it not once, just stuck it in a old purse put it in my closet and forgot about it really. Then later on in june or so my gramas friend died and we went and packed up all her clothes and there wear these two necklaces that were the same and i brought them home as well, again i havnt though nothing of them since i got them.

Fast forward to now, i decided back in September to practice more openly, ive studied for years, even helped a couple of friends a time or two, but never as openly or as much as i do now, and about a week later i dug out my arrow head necklace and looped it onto my metal book case and its been hanging by my bed. And about a week or two ago i decided im tired of hiding who i am and my abilities so i decide to do a power opening spell to make me more open to my abilities, since ive shut them out for so long, and to have my guides aid/ help me along the way. And for some reason about a day after it happened the duplicate of the necklace i had broke and i collected all the beads and gemstones and put them in a box. Yesturday I took the box out to give my friends a turquoise gemstone for Christmas and i looked at my stuff and was like you know what i think i need to do this and set about taking apart my arrowhead necklace then using the arrowhead on a piece of black leather i added some cream colored beads on and my other turquoise pieces. For some reason it just seemed right to make it like i needed it and as soon as i put it on i felt like it was a piece of me almost.

So out of curiosity i decided to look up and find out what the beads and the arrow head was made out of and low and behold they are made of snow quartz and green jasper. My jaw hit the floor. I couldn't believe the properties i found these had and the fact that they combine perfectly for me. What with the snow quarts being known to stimulate hopes, stabilize dream (which are where ive been known to learn and be tough by my guides), and to help your inner strength over come self blocks (my burring of my abilities and fear), and promote the clearing of the mind. And the green jasper arrow head as an all-purpose healing stone, and amplify healing abilities (Jasper itself helps reduce insecurity, fear and guilt). And of course it is recommended that healers wear Turquoise to increase their power and helps to heal the emotional "heart" of the individual.

So Ive always been into the healing orbs, in fact ive healed my ex boyfriends a few times to either help pull his mind together or to help heal this or that, using them but ive never really thought i was that good or that i should use any of my abilities for fear of well it boils down to failing i guess, im not a very confident person in myself to many years of bs and thoughts being planted into my head i guess. But here lately since ive started practicing more openly and in fact making plans on when im out of my grama's to be fully open and everything with my wiccan beliefs it seems someone wonts me to be a healer, who idk but how else would i go about and find all these things and end up making a necklace that just happens to be perfect for someone like me to over come my fears and to amplify my already powerful abilities that i have locked away for my whole life really.

I could just use some advise really and ik i rambled but this has just really hit me hard i guess, thanks guys in advanced cus ik everyone here will help me, ive only been here for a short time but you guys are the best.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I think im meant to be a healer

Post by Firebird »

Hi bear! Sometimes I think we aren't ready to embrace our gifts until the time is right. The fact you went to the pow wow is a sign your spiritual self is beginning to blossom
I would suggest you continue seeking your roots and be on the lookout for a teacher. The path of the healer is a lifelong endeavor. Schooling fort the academic portion of your path will be very important, along with the spiritual teacher.
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”