Will My Animal Familiar and I Ever Connect Again?

Moderator: Kassandra

Kassandra

Will My Animal Familiar and I Ever Connect Again?

Post by Kassandra »

Hi. I got the following question in PM, and with the writer's permission, am sharing it here, along with my response. Please post your comments and thoughts, if you'd like.

Hi, I am new to this forum and could really use some advice/information.. My familiar is my cat he's a yellow/orange cat, I've had him since he was a kitten, the mother cat had 4 other kittens and one day I came home from work and one had died they were about 5 weeks old and the next day another was gone.

The mother cat was not producing enough milk.. so I was coming home mult times through out day and was bottle feeding, he was the last one alive and I promised him if he lived I would keep him and he did... His name [cat's name] came from when he was just big enough to start climbing out of crate and just his little head would be peeping out..

Anyways as he grew it was obvious to everyone that we had a special connection, he's about 7 yrs old, the last couple weeks I just had this feeling something was going to happen to him.. The feeling proved true two days ago he was hit by car... I have family and great friends but I'm so sad and feel like I lost my best friend and the one who knew me best..is it possible that we connect again? And how thank you

Hi [member]. Sorry about your loss.

In my opinion, the two of you are still together right now as we speak! (well, write)

The reason I believe this is due to my own experience. Throughout the years I have had several, not one but several, very different psychic readers tell me out of the blue that there is this big, orange dog barking, running around me, guarding me, sitting with his head in my lap, etc.

Years ago we had this dog in the family who was a Chow and German Shepherd mix, bright orange-y fur reflecting his Chow heritage, with that trademark black-speckled tongue, all wrapped in a German Shepherd body. He was quite striking, and made people do a second take. Whenever psychics see this, I know they are really seeing his spirit.

So, I am convinced the spirit of our animal friends remain with us, even after their bodies die. And what a wonderful connection you two have! Feel free to post a memorial and some pics in remembrance of [cat's name] if you feel inspired to, here: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum/forum155.html

Danielle McKinnon is a psychic who specializes in animal spirit communication. Her views on this topic seem to concur with mine. Here's a video interview where she shares some very interesting (and perhaps controversial) ideas about animals and the afterlife:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4-66LLR1nA
visit: daniellemackinnon.com/

Philomena

Re: Will My Animal Familiar and I Ever Connect Again?

Post by Philomena »

Hello, and I am very sorry for your loss.

When I was younger (before I even knew about this path) I was always very connected to animals. I had several but was extremely bonded to a rescued dog of mine and I often called her my guardian angel (which is equivalent to my familiar now :) ) When she died it was heartbreaking for me and took a toll physical on my body a I was constantly sick after. Not right away, but she started coming to me in my dreams regularly and this helped me a great deal. I would even wake up in the middle of the night and feel her laying next to me as she always had. As I grew, I always knew she was with me but my dreams of her became less and less. Then one day they stopped. Later that week I rescued a very sick kitten.

I had a lot going on in my life as well as taking care of the kitten I didn't think of it until a few years later and it became very clear to me that the cat I saved was truly my familiar. Now I don't know how everyone feels about having more then one in a life time, but to me Kwana (my dog) was my familiar in both physical and spiritual form for a long time. I really believe she let me go when she knew I was in capable hands (my kitty). To this day I still have a occasion dream message from Kwana. However, they are very few (1 or 2 a year maybe) but I know its her telling me she is still with me. I don't know if this is how it will go for anyone else, but I thought I would share my experience. As Kassandra has said, jut because they are not here physically does not mean your cat is still not by your side :)
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Nice. Thanks for sharing that story, Philomena.

WillowMoon

Post by WillowMoon »

Its odd that I've seen this post today as I write this as I've just been introduced to what I feel might be an animal guide called White Fang. Now I've not worked with him yet but what I will say is I'm not too keyed up on familiars but I have come across one lady who strongly believed her cat was her familiar, but it was more of a case that when they parted ways it was essentially like when a loved one passed over the equivalent of her soul mate or soul partner. My heart is going out to you and surrounding you in the love and healing that may help to surround your situation and give you the strength to move on, I don't feel that cats or animals ever leave us even as pets who have lived with us alongside. I currently have 2 cats accompanying me in my life, while neither of them are to that extent a familiar, they do have a lot of affection and love from me to build up their confidence in every aspect. And they keep me from feeling lonely too at the times when I need them the most. So with that said.... I don't believe that the old familiars leave you they are still around you just working from the other side of the veil and which leaves you open to journeying with a new familiar who'll won't replace the old one nor the feelings or experiences shared with them but just leaving you room for new experiences and feelings of affection for your new familiar or helper :) Hope that helps :)

Return to “Kassandra's Metaphysical Basics”