Me vs christain:what you can say to christians part 2

Discussion of Christianity and other religious systems. How can we explain our faith to Christians? How can you merge your faith in Jesus with your belief in the metaphysical?
Rainbowkiss

Me vs christain:what you can say to christians part 2

Post by Rainbowkiss »

Christian: So you believe that salvation is by works and not faith? The bible states we are saved by faith alone, not by works so that no man can boast.
Me: Paul created the salvation by faith alone theology. Unfortunately, Paul never knew Jesus when he was alive. Paul would often challenge the disciples and apostles who knew Jesus and his teachings. They taught salvation is obtained through good works, which is real faith. Jesus stated ''he who believes in me, will do the works I do. James the brother of Christ had this to say about faith alone. ''If a man says he has faith but not works can faith save him?". ''If a man shows me faith without works, I will show him my faith through my works.'' ''Believe that there is God'' ''The devils believe and tremble.'' ''But know, you foolish man, that faith without good works is dead.'' ''Abraham believed in God, and it was imputed unto him, for righteousness, and he was called the friend of God''.
Me: Jesus stated ''It is not he who says to me Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the works of my father.''
Many will say lord, lord have we not prophesied in your name? And in your name cast out demons and perform many wonderful works? And Than will I profess unto them, I never knew you, away from me you who do evil.''

Me:So you see sir that accepting Jesus as lord will not save you from hell, neither does blind faith. Demons also believe in Jesus but they lack good works. True faith is good works, false faith is without good works.

On part 3 I will discuss what good works they are speaking of.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Me vs christain:what you can say to christians part 2

Post by Firebird »

that just gave me a really bad headache
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

I'm reaching for the garlic
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Rainbowkiss

Post by Rainbowkiss »

firebirdflys wrote:that just gave me a really bad headache
Hmmmm
Rainbowkiss

Post by Rainbowkiss »

-Dark-Moon- wrote:I'm reaching for the garlic
???????
Rainbowkiss

Post by Rainbowkiss »

Does my debate bother you? Sorry, you probably hate me.......
Alatoru
Banned Member

Post by Alatoru »

One of my fav questions for Christian is:
"For example, if there is a man who reject to worship god, your christian god, but trough life he is really good person, he did no harm to others, why the god won't accept him in heaven?"

With this question I try to let them think how can some god request from believers to do known ritual to be baptized so they can get chance for heaven, while others can't. So, if you are good, and reject to worship god, you can't go to heaven? Isn't then the god itself egoist? :D
No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless it roots reach down to hell. - Jung
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Please don't think that anyone hates you! This is your thread and I really do not think anyone is pressuring you not to speak your mind. I suspect that the issue is that mostly Christian apologetics and citing the Bible are not most of the members' strong points; for example, in my case, I mostly just don't really get it. It's not an argument that I could use against a Christian trying to convert me because I really don't know the Bible that well (or even really care for it); I would be more likely to use different arguments, or not have that conversation altogether. But if you say that it's helpful and fun for you to use these points to debate Christians, then more power to you!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I'm sorry, I was really having a bad day, and I was so difficult for me to read...it must have brought up some debate from the past ( my grandfather used to love heated debates, I didn't as they tended to get real loud...same reason I didn't like church, they tended to get loud and righteous) and I have been getting terrible headaches, so I just blurted it out, I didn't mean to confound you.
Firebird
:roll:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Sorry, I should have clarified, eating garlic is really great for inner strength. I think it also cures headaches?

Xiao is right in saying that debating Christianity isnt going to be a particularly hot topic on a Witchcraft forum. That's just because its not the main focus of this forum, don't take it personally.

If you think people here are hateful, then you might misunderstand the spiritual paths here,... Most folks here are helpful types more than anything.

Im sure you can appreciate that, when you look at it from this perspective.

Instead of being intellectually caught up in as problem, it sometimes helps to solve it from a fresh perspective. Perhaps try something different... Like eating a medicinal plant (eg garlic), taking a ritual bath, or doing some gardening. Yesterday I stood under a waterfall and it cheered me up no end.

Sometimes I think all this wordiness drains our beautiful beings. Remember you are ok just as you are, there's really no need to be anything else than who you are

Right
Now

Sending you peace and universal love

Brightest blessings to you
Dark Moon
Rainbowkiss

Post by Rainbowkiss »

Merlin wrote:One of my fav questions for Christian is:
"For example, if there is a man who reject to worship god, your christian god, but trough life he is really good person, he did no harm to others, why the god won't accept him in heaven?"

With this question I try to let them think how can some god request from believers to do known ritual to be baptized so they can get chance for heaven, while others can't. So, if you are good, and reject to worship god, you can't go to heaven? Isn't then the god itself egoist? :D
. My studies in the bible revealed that Christians are wrong when say only Christians go to heaven. On part 3, I will be saying what is needed to enter heaven.
Rainbowkiss

Post by Rainbowkiss »

Xiao Rong wrote:
Please don't think that anyone hates you! This is your thread and I really do not think anyone is pressuring you not to speak your mind. I suspect that the issue is that mostly Christian apologetics and citing the Bible are not most of the members' strong points; for example, in my case, I mostly just don't really get it. It's not an argument that I could use against a Christian trying to convert me because I really don't know the Bible that well (or even really care for it); I would be more likely to use different arguments, or not have that conversation altogether. But if you say that it's helpful and fun for you to use these points to debate Christians, then more power to you!
. Alright, thank you
Rainbowkiss

Post by Rainbowkiss »

firebirdflys wrote:I'm sorry, I was really having a bad day, and I was so difficult for me to read...it must have brought up some debate from the past ( my grandfather used to love heated debates, I didn't as they tended to get real loud...same reason I didn't like church, they tended to get loud and righteous) and I have been getting terrible headaches, so I just blurted it out, I didn't mean to confound you.
Firebird
:roll:
I guess I overreacted, I have a fear of a person's annoyance or spite cause of my history of bullying,cruelty and disrespect. I can understand your trouble with the church and your bad days. I get it all the time.
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Not having a victim mentality in life is a good thing to cultivate, even if life is very difficult.

No matter how hard life has been, one can always begin again - Buddha
xXDark'nesRisingXx

Post by xXDark'nesRisingXx »

"Stop bullying me you stupid PREP or I will curse you" Why can't we all just get along? :(

Return to “Christianity and Other Religious Faiths”