(My First) Dorm Altar!

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
Alura Noel

Re: (My First) Dorm Altar!

Post by Alura Noel »

Your Altar is great looking! All of the items look great together.
North Star

Post by North Star »

I really love this. So pretty and simple, yet powerful.

Lately I have been really drawn to owls myself, have added a few to my altar and decor. I also have the same candles as you that I use for illuminators on my wall shelf altar. :D

I love the use of the towel! Very creative and lovely.
syngerin

Post by syngerin »

Oh, that looks really lovely! I too am on the owl side, and love how you went all the way to build this altar, even if the place didn't allow many things:)
IrishStrong

Post by IrishStrong »

Thank you all! :D It really means SO much to get this support
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

This is very lovely! I love how you've put the glass pebbles all over, they have quite an effect!
valerian moon

Post by valerian moon »

Not being allowed to have candles or incense is making me think twice about going any further than community college.....
Anyway, it looks cool. I mean, I need to have mine on a table with a crate as a chair because my back gets sore from bending over too long but nice work on decorating.
Advice, though? You could put it next to a potted plant. Mine has a small bamboo plant and a small cactus on it :)
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

That's a really nice photo. Turning on the lights does wonders when you're taking a picture, doesn't it? Very lovely altar setup. :)
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

You are lucky that you are allowed electronic candles. I asked if I could have those for religious reasons at my dorm when I was in college and the answer was no. It is beautiful. I hope that it works out well for you in your practice.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

That's ridiculous, Loona. They're no different than a lamp or flashlight. I wouldn't have even asked - That's how much of a non-issue I would have thought it was. Of course, you don't want them to see your electronic candles and think they are real candles, so I understand asking first. Still... that's dumb. :?
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Starwitch wrote:That's ridiculous, Loona. They're no different than a lamp or flashlight. I wouldn't have even asked - That's how much of a non-issue I would have thought it was. Of course, you don't want them to see your electronic candles and think they are real candles, so I understand asking first. Still... that's dumb. :?
It was a dorm rule. Nothing that looked like a candle was allowed. Its actually quite common to have that rule. I dealt with it by using decorative lights around my bed for ambient low lighting. I also ended up using oils for incense and the light bulbs often related to fire. But yeah. I wasn't the only one on campus who complained about that rule.

Edit: I think the reasons were overheating in the past or something like that.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Very nice, I think red is going to be a common color on my alters, simply because it's my favorite, I'm drawn too it. I also really like symmetry, hehe. Great job using what you had/found.
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

LOVE THIS!
mangosandy82

Post by mangosandy82 »

I really like your altar! It's such a shame you can't burn real candles or light incense. I hate electric candles. They take away the atmosphere of the fire element! I love your owl statue.
Alythrae

Post by Alythrae »

I know this is late, but your altar is beautiful. Simple, yet functional.

I also wanted you to know that you have inspired me to update my own altar. For the past few years it hasn't changes and lost it's purpose, functioning mainly as a source of comfort. I overhauled it this weekend and love the new layout now that it is tailored to Athena (my deity as well).

Thank you for the inspiration!
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Hello, Alythrae.
When you have a moment, please go to the top section of the forum and introduce yourself. Thank you!

Return to “Altar Pictures”