Songs to help you cast

Share your favorite music and videos here.
Merboy

Songs to help you cast

Post by Merboy »

What music or songs do you guys listen to that gets you into a higher consciousness or helps connect you to certain spiritual forces or deities, fairies, angels, elements, etc? I'm sure a lot will recommend meditative music which is cool too, I'm just wondering if there were other songs that help lift you up or put you in a particular spell casting mood...
Klia

Re: Songs to help you cast

Post by Klia »

Mostly meditation music ha. Other than that, I can't think of anything that would mean as much.
"The will to do, the soul to dare is yours for the taking if you prepare."
Merboy

Post by Merboy »

I like to use music by loreena mckennitt myself during spells during warm months simply because she kind of has that vibe to me (ie mummers dance, mystic's dream, Marco Polo). For cold months I like to use several solemn songs. I made two albums of such songs all with a wintry theme called Solstice and Second Solstice. It's very moody and dark which tends to help feel introspective and aligned with magic that requires such focus.

Edit: if you like, those albums are downloadable here : http://www.thelanternlight.com/pisceanrecords.html
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

I like Blackmore's Night, S.J. Tucker, Kellianna, Lisa Thiel, Tin Hat Trio, Tom Waits, Sharon Knight, Candice Night, Lisa Dancing-Light, Reclaiming, Wendy Rule, etc. I'm also working on a CD of free-form improvised duets with a witchy friend of mine. I'll try and post it when it's done, we're scheduled to release it on March 29th, but we'll see.
random417

Post by random417 »

There's a self titled cd from a group called Sun God. It's beats sacred to the Lwa in vodoo, set to mostly techno. Pretty cool idea I thought
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
p3nathan

Post by p3nathan »

Often before casting I'll listen to Fleetwood Mack... just gets me in the mood for some reason :P
Always felt like Stevie Nicks trapped in a man's body
North Star

Post by North Star »

Oh how I love Stevie! This is a great topic, music can definitely add a boost to your magick.

I really love Florence and the Machine, and my favorite is 'You got the love'. This performance right here is breath taking. Chills! She just seems to be channeling her own inner Goddess. Love her! And this song is so inspirational.

My all time favorite, the one song that really gets me in the mood for connecting to the Goddess is Madonna's 'Like a Prayer'. It's a song already filled with personal memories for me, and it suddenly one day become a lot more.

If I am having a bad day, cranking that up and singing along and visualizing her help and strength just works wonders. I usually start feeling great before the song ends, and it sticks. It's like instant magick. I did it today on the way to work. Feeling down, mostly a little financial stress and making a mistake at work the day before was getting to me, and within an hour of arriving at work I made a bonus $50 for about 2 minutes of my time. Perked my whole day up, and received the recogniton I think I needed at the time. So I guess it's my own little spell I do while driving, lol. :)

How can one not sing to the Goddess with these words...

'in the midnite hour I can feel your power' ♥

Is anyone else as old as I am to remember the controversy over this video? :lol:
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

I am more a meditation person rather than one for spell casting but here's two of mine.

Honestly I have no clue about Sarah Brightman's religion or religious preferences but for some strange quirky reason some of her songs work great for me and help me calm down and get in the mood.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCriL6- ... s7trjOALnw
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)

Return to “Music & Videos”