Planet Pluto

UFO's, extraterrestrials, abductions, the Universe, planets, stars, galaxies, black holes, white holes, wormholes, and everything beyond.
Wricker Dreadtemper

Re: Planet Pluto

Post by Wricker Dreadtemper »

Xiao Rong wrote:Well, so far as I can tell, ni (ni4) is 逆, which means "to counter". More common usages include things like, 逆天 ni tian, which means "to rebel against heaven" or "unnatural", and 逆袭 ni xi, or "counterattack". ...
Very helpful response, thanks.

It's good to see there may be a legitimate basis for the claim made in the reports, as well as to have evidence that we could be talking about a phrase (as opposed to a single adjective or noun).

But "to counter" or "rebel against" what?
Xiao Rong wrote:...Can't determine which character "ku" refers to in this context (Chinese has a lot of homophones). It's certainly not a very common phrase, or even a common translation of the term "rebellious". All the links I've seen referring to Niku just keep quoting each other the same bit about being Chinese for the word "rebel". Could also be classical Chinese.
What about "to cry", as in "to counter" that impulse/action? Or "pain", perhaps? Both seem like good things to oppose, although I've no idea as to their grammatical correctness in relation to "ni".
Order of the Virg♂
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

But "to counter" or "rebel against" what?
That's a good question. Basically, all I've got right now is that Niku means "anti-____", haha. No idea what the last one is. I don't believe that it would be either the characters for ku that you suggest ("to cry" or "pain"), but I could be wrong. Either way, this is not common parlance for "rebel" in Chinese! And given I can't find any other sources for why it's called "Niku" or who named it, I don't put a lot of stock in "Niku" meaning "rebel".
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

It doesn't follow the rules, therefore it is rebellious. That implies it has some unanticipated features or orbit that science (cough) can't explain...or something like that, maybe.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

"MrNitpicky"

Is it possible to astral travel to Pluto to explore it in our dreams?
Absolutely. Go! :mrgreen:
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

RosieMoonflower wrote: I always think of Pluto as purple, I don't know why, probably because if the P and the L in Pluto makes me think purple.
I can't stop gazing at that purple part of the picture.
There's a fish in that purple part near the middle with open mouth.
What could be its personality?
Attachments
pluto.jpeg
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)

Return to “Beyond the Earth”