Loona's Altars

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Loona's Altars

Post by loona wynd »

So I have been practicing my path for many years. Over the years I have found that I frequently change my altar arrangements. Sometimes this is for individual workings and sometimes this is for seasonal reasons. Other times I just feel that something should be shifted. So the following pictures are some of the altar setups I have done over the years. Feel free to ask me questions. I'm actually going to be doing a new setup this afternoon for a blessing ritual for the new space I have created. So that photo will appear soon.

Enjoy.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: Loona's Altars

Post by loona wynd »

So here is a simple Meditation altar I created:

This next altar is more of a shrine for my spiritual and magical workings with Dragons:

The next altar here was my first ancestral altar.

This next altar is an altar I created for Yule or the Winter Solstice:

Here is an Imbolc Altar that I also used for Ostara

Now here are two different worship altars I have used:

and

AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Great. I like to have multiple ones as well depending on needs, or who they are for.

I wish I had more room now to set some up. I also dont have room for my ancestor altar anymore.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

AnaisStar wrote:Great. I like to have multiple ones as well depending on needs, or who they are for.
So do I. My dream home will have a shrine for each of the elements in my ritual room. There will be the main working altar as well as shrines to the various pantheons I have and do work with. I'd have my ancestral altar and my dragon altar as well. Finally I'd have shrines to the other various spirits I'm working with. Some of them may only be temporary though.
AnaisStar wrote:I wish I had more room now to set some up. I also dont have room for my ancestor altar anymore.
I'm happy I finally have room to have a ritual room. This room is for my use only really. While there are books in there and some basic storage in the closet the overall room is mine. My desk is there, my altars are there, and all my tools and working stuff is in there.

I finally have a place I can really lock myself into when I want to have privacy to do my work. This is an important thing as before I didn't really have that. I couldn't work rites in the bedroom because when I want to work he'd be asleep and the living room wasn't really practical.
North Star

Post by North Star »

Very nice! I change mine up quite a bit myself.

Thanks for sharing your photos. :)
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Is that shed snakeskin? Nice. I had some myself on my altar, but I'm not sure what happened to it. :?
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Echo_of_shadows wrote:Is that shed snakeskin? Nice. I had some myself on my altar, but I'm not sure what happened to it. :?
Nice eye. Yes it is. I have three pet snakes. I use the skin in magic and in rituals for the various symbolism associated with snakes. More often then not though I use it in transitional rites and transformational rites changing from one aspect of myself to another. For Imbolc and Ostara I find that snake skin works as symbols of both sabbats.
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

loona wynd wrote:Nice eye. Yes it is. I have three pet snakes. I use the skin in magic and in rituals for the various symbolism associated with snakes. More often then not though I use it in transitional rites and transformational rites changing from one aspect of myself to another. For Imbolc and Ostara I find that snake skin works as symbols of both sabbats.
I like that you have quite a big piece. I had a former coven mate that owned a ball python and he gave us pieces of shed snake skin to work with. I don't think I've ever seen a piece so big. :o
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Echo_of_shadows wrote: I like that you have quite a big piece. I had a former coven mate that owned a ball python and he gave us pieces of shed snake skin to work with. I don't think I've ever seen a piece so big. :o
I unfortunately no longer have that piece. Many times my snakes have shed basically completely allowing for those long pieces. I have a small jar with a cork lid that is full of the skin. Lstely though the peicies have been smaller. I haven't collected much in a while. Mine are also Ball Pythons. The names are Baal, Quatesh, and Kosh
Isis3Anubis

Post by Isis3Anubis »

loona wynd wrote:
Echo_of_shadows wrote:Is that shed snakeskin? Nice. I had some myself on my altar, but I'm not sure what happened to it. :?
Nice eye. Yes it is. I have three pet snakes. I use the skin in magic and in rituals for the various symbolism associated with snakes. More often then not though I use it in transitional rites and transformational rites changing from one aspect of myself to another. For Imbolc and Ostara I find that snake skin works as symbols of both sabbats.

I have a strong affinity for snakes and Wadjet the Egyptian cobra goddess. I dream of owning a golden python but my cat and dog would freak. Curious how do you use snakeskin? Does it represent transformation?
She's just pieces of me you've never seen ~ Tori Amos
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Isis3Anubis wrote:I have a strong affinity for snakes and Wadjet the Egyptian cobra goddess. I dream of owning a golden python but my cat and dog would freak. Curious how do you use snakeskin? Does it represent transformation?
It does represent transformation yes. It also represents death and rebirth. Its growth and development as well. This is why I see it as appropriate for Ostara and Imbolc. The shakles of the old year have been shed and plans for the new year have begun.
valerian moon

Post by valerian moon »

I like the one with the purple cloth
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

xxmoonxraverxx wrote:I like the one with the purple cloth
Purple is one of my favorite colors. So I've used it as an altar cloth. I actually got it as a scarf in Paris France 10 years ago.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

loona wynd wrote:
AnaisStar wrote:Great. I like to have multiple ones as well depending on needs, or who they are for.
So do I. My dream home will have a shrine for each of the elements in my ritual room. There will be the main working altar as well as shrines to the various pantheons I have and do work with. I'd have my ancestral altar and my dragon altar as well. Finally I'd have shrines to the other various spirits I'm working with. Some of them may only be temporary though.
AnaisStar wrote:I wish I had more room now to set some up. I also dont have room for my ancestor altar anymore.
I'm happy I finally have room to have a ritual room. This room is for my use only really. While there are books in there and some basic storage in the closet the overall room is mine. My desk is there, my altars are there, and all my tools and working stuff is in there.

I finally have a place I can really lock myself into when I want to have privacy to do my work. This is an important thing as before I didn't really have that. I couldn't work rites in the bedroom because when I want to work he'd be asleep and the living room wasn't really practical.
I miss my ritual room. It used to be my meditation and yoga room as well and I had three altars set up in there. But we sold that house and now live in a small apt.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

AnaisStar wrote: I miss my ritual room. It used to be my meditation and yoga room as well and I had three altars set up in there. But we sold that house and now live in a small apt.
I'm still in the process of building up the power and sanctuary/ritual room in the room. My computer is also in this room, but with my business being related to my practices it made sense to have my working space also be my business development space.

Return to “Altar Pictures”