Loona's Altars

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: Loona's Altars

Post by loona wynd »

I have some new altar shots to post :-)

First up is my new ancestral altar.

Next up is my new Dragon shrine/altar

Then we have my new working altar

There are two new additional shrines in my working area. These shrines are starting to develop. There are a few things I want to get for each but for now I at least have something set up where I can give them offerings and prayers.

The first altar is my Saint Micheal or Arch Angel Micheal altar:

Next is my Moses altar

Feel free to ask any questions about any of the altars I have posted.
Isis3Anubis

Post by Isis3Anubis »

Very beautiful altars! I just want to know why is the candle bent for the Moses altar? Looks like a snake, very cool.
She's just pieces of me you've never seen ~ Tori Amos
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Isis3Anubis wrote:Very beautiful altars! I just want to know why is the candle bent for the Moses altar? Looks like a snake, very cool.
Funny story. I had brought that down for candlelight one night for dinner but we didn't use it. So I placed it on my desk near my laptop. The heat from the laptop bent the candle in a direction that was different. There was an object between the heat and the candle and I think that is what bent it. It seemed wrong to toss it when it was breaking so I kept it.

I knew where to put it when I started to think of my Moses altar. It does seem fitting. The staff is actually there for the same reason. That staff is going to become a tool in his honor in my conjure work when I get working on it. Before I start actually praying over the staff and working the chants to it I want it to build up a little more power and it seemed right to do so.

There are going to be more things put there over time. I may get a quill pen there. Moses as well as being a prophet and teacher was a scribe as well. So to me that would be a proper item to use there. He did write the first five books of the bible. So for me in sacred writing he is an important person to work with.

I actually think I am going to add some snake skin to the altar right now.

Both the Moses altar and the altar for Saint Micheal/Archangel Micheal are in the works. I have only just begun to pray to and work with these spirits. I anticipate things growing and changing over time. I just wanted to share my starting position here.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

They are all lovely! I especially like your ancestral alter, and may have to make one myself. What a great way to honor those you've lost.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Seeker wrote:They are all lovely! I especially like your ancestral alter, and may have to make one myself. What a great way to honor those you've lost.
My ancestral altar has evolved from its original form. Now its more focused for actual use. There are elements on it that really show my understanding of my ancestors and why they are important to me.

Return to “Altar Pictures”