Unlock runes-related posts?

If you have a suggestion or comment about the board you can share it here.
Kassandra

Unlock runes-related posts?

Post by Kassandra »

Should we unlock all the locked threads in the Runes forum so people could post their questions/comments on them?

Isis3Anubis

Re: Unlock runes-related posts?

Post by Isis3Anubis »

Why are they locked? I am studying runes and would like to read other comments. Thanks.
She's just pieces of me you've never seen ~ Tori Amos
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Kassandra, I think Starwitch locked a bunch of threads a while back ... I'll take a look and see which ones might be worthwhile to unlock (I don't think it'll help anyone to unlock a bunch of threads where the OP has been gone for years now but asked a super specific question - although I agree that some that are more FAQ-like should probably get unlocked).

Isis, locked threads just mean that you can't reply to the threads anymore - you can still see them and everything (you will see a little lock icon next to the thread). The reason why threads get locked is because sometimes people will try to reply to threads without looking at the dates ... which is not always helpful if the OP has not logged in for years and their question is probably not relevant anymore and it's mostly wasting people's time to try to answer the question.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

You guys can unlock stuff that you think should be unlocked. When I go through and lock threads, I normally just lock everything before a certain date. I'm not paying attention to the content of the thread, so yeah, feel free to unlock ones that you think people would still want to post to, especially in smaller forums where locked threads are showing up on the first page.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

OK, I see. I was wondering, haha. Because, I've seen threads here still being posted on that were originated in, like, 2005 and whatnot. Then, I saw all the locked ones in the that forum, some as recent as 2012, and I was like, huh? Ha, OK, thanks.

Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

When I start locking threads, I usually only get one forum completed before I get distracted with something else. So that's how that happens.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

If you guys want to lock up old threads, that's fine.

Return to “Suggestions/Comments”