I Fear Slenderman and Urban Legends

Open discussion about how our beliefs have been affected by popular culture.
Midnight_Raven_96

I Fear Slenderman and Urban Legends

Post by Midnight_Raven_96 »

I love going out at night, into the woods, and just soaking up every gift that Nyx offers to me, but I just have the guts to go out on my own. Im a very...open minded person. Sasquatch (although not what my issue is), Slenderman (my issue), and other urban legends in my area, and it all takes its toll on my imaginative mind. As well as cougars, coyote packs, bears, and other animals here in the woods.

Now...my issue is that I cant overcome these fears when im completely alone. The moon brings me peace but Its hard to walk through the woods in the dead of winter with fog rolling through the entire place and not get a little freaked out. Although that is exactly the type of sight I love about being out at night.

Anyway, I digress, is there any way to overcome these fears? I am no good at meditation, although I wish I was, but I have no way to get up the courage to go out and see that I'm protected, even if attacked, the gods have their reasons and its what is meant for me, and that I'm okay with, its stuff like the Slenderman that freak me out lol.

I'm half tempted to just run as far as I can and not look back until im out in the middle of the woods, where I have to face my fears. Seems reasonable. Also, I need to re-open some of my lost abilities I had as a child. If you could just look here and give me some idea, any and all help is much appreciated, thank you. :]
Kassandra

Re: I Fear Slenderman and Urban Legends

Post by Kassandra »

I cannot advise you to run around alone, at night, in a woods with the very real threat of "cougars, coyote packs, bears, and other animals" attacking and/or killing you. What you call "fear," I call common sense, and I suggest you follow it.

The Psychic Ability... and the Metaphysical Basics forums have tons of suggestions for strengthening any and every psychic ability. Enjoy.

SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I agree. We experience fear for a reason. It's a protective instinct.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Midnight_Raven_96

Post by Midnight_Raven_96 »

Well I agree as well, fear is something I cherish and respect, its the difference between bravery and stupidity, but when it gets in the way of your happiness, it becomes a huge issue. So as I said, things like slenderman and urban legends are my issue. The animals aren't what I'm worried about as I have my ways of avoiding and taking care of those. Infact they don't actually scare me, even though they do add a bit to the fear factor. I just need to know how to work up the courage to go out into the woods. I go out all the time with friends, countless times now, all through the woods and roads, which is why I'm not worried about the animals. Its more of a psychological issue where, when I'm completely alone, that's what blocks out all my courage to go out and practice my craft as I wish I could, and its extremely hard to feel that connection to the earth and the night when you have concrete surrounding you. So any tips on that part?

Thanks for the links on abilities, ill check them out.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Midnight_Raven_96 wrote:things like slenderman and urban legends are my issue....Its more of a psychological issue...So any tips on that part?
Yes. My tip is that it's Chubbyman you really have to watch out for.

Slenderman is just a wuss --you could take him.

Stay-puft-marshmallow-man.jpg
Stay-puft-marshmallow-man.jpg (23.78 KiB) Viewed 2582 times
Source: villains.wikia.com/wiki/Stay_Puft_Marshmallow_Man

Return to “Pop Culture Magic”