Full Moon + Cleansing

For all things "moon", your guide to magical moon work, moon phases, etc.
Selena Silverlynx

Full Moon + Cleansing

Post by Selena Silverlynx »

I'm intending to cleanse my crystals in the full moon. I was wondering if the full moon could cleanse my altar objects as well. Have you done this before? If so, what were the results?
BB!
Selena
Why are black cats associated with witches?
Because black is an awesome colour, cats are awesome, and so are witches. People are actually linking awesomeness to awesomeness to awesomeness. ;)
Isis3Anubis

Re: Full Moon + Cleansing

Post by Isis3Anubis »

I have been using the moonlight to charge altar objects after they are cleansed. My guess is you should do cleansing in another form first or moonlight will only amplify its current energies not cleanse them. I could be wrong.
She's just pieces of me you've never seen ~ Tori Amos
Selena Silverlynx

Post by Selena Silverlynx »

Isis3Anubis wrote:I have been using the moonlight to charge altar objects after they are cleansed. My guess is you should do cleansing in another form first or moonlight will only amplify its current energies not cleanse them. I could be wrong.
Thank you! :)
Why are black cats associated with witches?
Because black is an awesome colour, cats are awesome, and so are witches. People are actually linking awesomeness to awesomeness to awesomeness. ;)
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

I cleanse crystals/tools etc with the elements first then charge/further cleanse in the full moon.

I run them through a bowl of salt (earth), then rinse in water (water) and pass through incense smoke (fire and air). All the time visually/mentally seeing any negative energies draining away, and putting positive intentions into them. Sometimes Ill add Reiki energy to them.

Then I place them out in the full moon and leave them out over night.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I use the full moon closest to summer solstice for resetting my crystal ball, wand & athame. If I just wanted them cleansed I'd use diluted lemon juice or mild salt water to wipe them down to remove handling & former, outdated Intentions or lay them out in the moonlight. To charge them up I'd wash with a mugwort infusion or smudge them with mugwort smoke AND reset my intention.

To me cleansing means to remove outdated, residual energy. When we consecrate our tools they get cleansed first of residual energy & then charged with new, personal energy of our intentions. A moonlight cleansed item will feel renewed with vitality because the disharmonic outdated enerfies have been cleared away, so gets mistakenly labeled as "recharged."

To charge something, as I understand it, is to personally load it with the energy of our intention.

Return to “Working with the Moon”