Psychic Vampire?

Talk about anything you want to here.
Isis3Anubis

Psychic Vampire?

Post by Isis3Anubis »

Well I just want to express my thoughts on possibly being a subconscious psychic vampire. I am a witch that follows the Wiccan Rede An It Harm None and I always try to respect others opinions but sometimes I get angry at people's insensitivity and misunderstandings.
As someone who suffers from depression and mania it's hard to control emotions and I never wish anyone harm, but I get the horrible feeling that my shadow self causes trouble for those that piss me off. I try meditation and always mentally take back any anger towards the other person but I can't help feel that their negative karma is somehow indirectly caused by my anger and sadness.
I also get obsessive with people and online forums for no apparent reason other than I feel a strong pull towards some people. Is this psychic vampirism, boredom, my imagination? I can't tell, but I just want to be a better person thanx.
She's just pieces of me you've never seen ~ Tori Amos
creatrix

Re: Psychic Vampire?

Post by creatrix »

In my experience a psychic vamp is someone who can take energy from another person, if they are touching them or if they are near them. The person who gets vamped will feel this.

To me an emotional vampire, psychic vampire, and sanguine vampire are all different. Some of them like to prey on witches. Some of them only do it with a person's consent and are ethical about it. Others do it without consent, knowing exactly what they are doing. Finally, there IS a type of vamp that does not realize what they are and they can cause problems until they discover what is going on.

It doesn't sound to me like you are a psychic vampire and being Bipolar does not mean you are an emotional vampire.
I have met all three. Even if your shadow side causes trouble for people (I think that is true for many people's shadow sides) it doesn't mean you are a vamp.
PhoenixFlight

Post by PhoenixFlight »

It's possible, though not likely. Psychic vampyrism is something you're born with, and has effects that you would have felt for a rather long time by now. I think creatrix summed it up pretty well right here:
creatrix wrote:Even if your shadow side causes trouble for people (I think that is true for many people's shadow sides) it doesn't mean you are a vamp.
Everyone's got a dark side, and that's a normal trait.. Causing issues sometimes..
~that is an interesting notion, in it's own way~
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

From my roof top, you are not a vamp. Just way too sensitive and emotional. And interacting with annoying people leads to anger and whatnot. Actually what I think you need to do is try and not beat yourself up over something said or being angry at someone. Some people deserve exactly what they get. And sometimes you can't help but give them what they deserve. And I don't believe their negative karma is caused by you. If they are nasty, they have it anyway, that's not your fault.
I recognize these symptoms from a period of time in my life. Although I was angry at everybody, not just some people. I was overworked then, too much stress. If it's not a problem, take off and spend some time in the forest or mountain and try and connect with nature. Or just stay at home and do the things you enjoy. It helped me then, hopefully it can help you.
Isis3Anubis

Post by Isis3Anubis »

Thanx for the reassurance. It's just that I get angry and negative things happen to those I am angry at. I don't wish anyone harm, I just wish my anger wouldn't cause things to happen. An example of this would be I was angry at a friend for bugging me about not watching television, she thinks it's crazy for someone to not want to be a tv junky like she is. I was cursing the fact that I even have a tv and secretly wishing it would break so I wouldn't spend so much time watching Ellen and The Veiw. Well the next day my friends expensive flat screen tv broke. She is a tv junky and was miserable for a week until she could replace it. I feel guilty and somehow responsible, but I would never tell her that.
She's just pieces of me you've never seen ~ Tori Amos

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”