Shrine for two

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Lover of War

Shrine for two

Post by Lover of War »

Can a shrine be dedicated for two deities? I want to make a space for Aphrodite and Ares, or should I just make them seperate?
creatrix

Re: Shrine for two

Post by creatrix »

That is an awesome idea, I would definitely put them together, weren't they lovers?
Kat
Banned Member

Post by Kat »

I vote for together as well. they had four divine sons: Eros, Anteros, Deimos, Phobos; and a daughter: Harmonia. Check them to see if they re U. the point is combining them. There must be a way coz they re both gods of the greek pantheon. There's worse..I'm trying to figure out the same with 1 greek and 1 egyptian.
*Blessed Be*
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

WiccanTeen7 wrote:Can a shrine be dedicated for two deities? I want to make a space for Aphrodite and Ares, or should I just make them seperate?
You can put them together on the same altar. They were lovers and consorts. They work well together. You can also have them be separate. Try both ways and see what works for you and them. They will tell you if they enjoy being together like that or not.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

greekwiccan wrote:I vote for together as well. they had four divine sons: Eros, Anteros, Deimos, Phobos; and a daughter: Harmonia. Check them to see if they re U. the point is combining them. There must be a way coz they re both gods of the greek pantheon. There's worse..I'm trying to figure out the same with 1 Greek and 1 Egyptian.
In your case I would suggest having them be separate. The two deities come from drastically different cultures that while they did interact had different ethical concepts and different ways of worshiping. Greek ritual was very strict and if you messed up or something you need to start over. Egyptian religion is very magical and ceremonial while Greeks had only a few specific rituals that had magic in them and a few deities that work with magic. So that is a cultural difference.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

I have an altar that is to Ganesh and Lakshmi. They work well together so it seemed fitting. Also didnt have the space to do separate ones anyways.

Post a picture when you are done
Lover of War

Post by Lover of War »

Thanks :) and yes they r lovers. Thats y i think it would be perfect, and i got a sample of wat it might look like last night. I took it down though, bcuz im going to be gone for a week. To me it would be rude to put it up but then leave it right after. I also have to explain to my mom, but shes getting more use to me believing in all this.
Lover of War

Post by Lover of War »

This is wat i plan to do, well for starting and enough to explain to my mom.
Attachments
Aphrodite side
Aphrodite side
Ares side
Ares side
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

Dang. That's a toughy for me.

loona wynd wrote:
greekwiccan wrote:I vote for together as well. they had four divine sons: Eros, Anteros, Deimos, Phobos; and a daughter: Harmonia. Check them to see if they re U. the point is combining them. There must be a way coz they re both gods of the greek pantheon. There's worse..I'm trying to figure out the same with 1 Greek and 1 Egyptian.
In your case I would suggest having them be separate. The two deities come from drastically different cultures that while they did interact had different ethical concepts and different ways of worshiping. Greek ritual was very strict and if you messed up or something you need to start over. Egyptian religion is very magical and ceremonial while Greeks had only a few specific rituals that had magic in them and a few deities that work with magic. So that is a cultural difference.

They have a point.

But, the others have great points as well!!!

I would love to know how it works out..
Please if it's not too personal, let us know!!
Lover of War

Post by Lover of War »

Alright :)
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Looks nice so far. Let us know how the energy feels to you once you start working.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Hows it going?

Im working on one now for Apollo and Selene. Although they were never considered lovers, they are both Greek. Apollo is a sun god and Selene is a moon goddess. So it works well. The both came to me during the same time period so I know Im meant to work with them both.
Lover of War

Post by Lover of War »

Actually Apollo wasnt originally a sun deity not until later. It was Helios. Im not trying to be rude, so sorry.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”