A law you may not know, but NEED to

Helping Mother Earth, Recycling, Picking up Litter.
MOTHERofDRAGONS

A law you may not know, but NEED to

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

I was reading a thread about water.. But this.. Isn't quite the same topic, do I'm starting this thread to inform you all that the Gov't has more control than you think.

The topic had a post from Kassandra about harvesting her own water from rainfall.( and a snarky remark, but anywho)

So, while I was on another forum, this topic had come up. A gentleman had the same idea, and started doing just that. I thought, fabulous idea! (especially if you lived in areas where it's drier, and water prices go up)
Well, the US gov't got wind of this. And (don't know if they made him do it, or they did it themselves) it was torn down.

Now.. NOW.. freaking NOW, there's these laws in place.. Not just about water, ..
Well, check it out. ..

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/e ... y_03182012

Something needs to be done, but I have NO idea what.

GODDESS BLESS AMERICA, PLEASE... she's in the wrong hands ATM.

)0(
MOTHERofDRAGONS
MsMollimizz

Re: A law you may not know, but NEED to

Post by MsMollimizz »

Well that flat out sucks !!!
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

I know, right?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

It has to do with water rights going back many years. The thinking is that the water would run downstream, if it isn't being captured in rain barrels. Most of soaks into the ground, making it a moot point, but that's the reasoning behind the laws.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

Isn't it illegal under the Constitutional Amendments that they cannot seize property? Or force us to provide for the government (not sure if it falls under the right to not quarter soldiers)
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I would really like to see this law referenced in other sources that are not designed to insight reactions of shock and anger in their readers.

Google only brings up more websites with similar biases and audiences, I can find nowhere that states it's a federal law (rather than a state law), and the rest of the sources when typed into google are spotty at best.

These kinds of websites (especially when the website's header is "Executive Doomsday Order," with a subheading including Obama), are geared toward extremists and need to be taken with a grain of salt (or perhaps a bucket of it).

When some sources are brought to light that come from more nationally-acceptable sources, which also state their reasons for the seizure of rainwater and other natural assets, then I will give this story more attention.
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

Vesca wrote:I would really like to see this law referenced in other sources that are not designed to insight reactions of shock and anger in their readers.

Google only brings up more websites with similar biases and audiences, I can find nowhere that states it's a federal law (rather than a state law), and the rest of the sources when typed into google are spotty at best.

These kinds of websites (especially when the website's header is "Executive Doomsday Order," with a subheading including Obama), are geared toward extremists and need to be taken with a grain of salt (or perhaps a bucket of it).

When some sources are brought to light that come from more nationally-acceptable sources, which also state their reasons for the seizure of rainwater and other natural assets, then I will give this story more attention.
Exactly. That's why I was kind of confused.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

As far as I know, these laws are all at state level, but they do deal with interstate water rights, so there may be some involvement at the federal level. A local library or water board would probably have area specific information.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

...I can kind of see a positive side to this but there's
no guarantee the government won't hoard and only
share with those of a bigger wallet ?!? Let's hope
nothing happens that fit into those categories until
he's out of office !
If all is being shared equally to the people then
okay. As the past has shown not everyone gets it
and they suffer for it. Prime example: Katrina,
enough said. There will always be problems no
matter how much planning is done cause life is
always changing and circumstances don't repeat.
Just my 3 cents
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz

Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings

Return to “Environmentalism”