Could someone be a Christian Witch without knowing it?

Discussion for and about Christian witches and pagans. How do you merge your two belief systems? Please be kind to Christian witches. I have come to believe that it is a very valid belief system.
Kat
Banned Member

Could someone be a Christian Witch without knowing it?

Post by Kat »

could my mom be a christian witch without knowing it? I can't ask her or tell her about my beliefs. I hide from fanatic christians like this. she goes to churches a lot and brings me all types of christian offerings like bread, holy water, images of saints etc. But she studies herbs, whenever one has any illness she recommends a herb, and some days ago she brought me a book about the phases of the moon and spell casting. all this of course books on herbs and the phases of the moon thing are in greek. she doesn't speak english at all. the language thing makes sources very limited for her. my country treats witches like a devil thing so anything witchy is dissaproved. she also knows no computer. could she be a christian witch but coz her resources are limited she doesn't know it?

Also could she have a dormant power? before giving birth to me she could think badly of someone and that someone suffered an illness. foresee when someone she loved was hurt through dreams and visions. she lost her ''ability'' when I came along. then when I was younger I could foresee what will happen and who I ll accidentally run into, through visions but not through dreams. and when I think bad about someone still she suffers; I hear bad things like a snake hissing, far whenever a neighbor suffers and near when my family suffers. could I have taken her ability? she wasn't surprised when I bended the key some years ago.
Last edited by Xiao Rong on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to make title of thread more descriptive
*Blessed Be*
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: Could someone be a Christian Witch without knowing it?

Post by loona wynd »

I believe that your mom could be considered a Christian witch yes. There are many forms of Christian magic and witchcraft. One of them could very well be working with and praying to saints for help and using herbs to work with for different things. If she lights candles and prays to the saints that could be a form of Christian Magic and witchcraft. The ideas of working with the moon for spell casting could be another key that she is interested in magic of some form or at least understands that you are and wants to support that.

One of the reasons why working with the moon could be a key to her magical practices is that there are some herbs that are tied to moon phases. By harvesting them and working with them on those moon phases they can create powerful spells and charms that look just like gardening and playing with plants.

Most christian witches in very strict Christian regions don't talk about it. They pray and work with herbs and keep to themselves. They work with their God, Jesus, and the spirits of the saints and angels in many cases. Christian witchcraft like any other form of witchcraft can come in many shapes and forms. In the end though part of what makes one a witch is calling yourself a witch.

Return to “Christian Witchcraft”