symbols

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
Lillady

Re: symbols

Post by Lillady »

Do you happen to have a picture of it or can you find a picture of it so we can help with the issue?
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

http://altreligion.about.com/od/symbols ... -Stars.htm

The valknut also consists of three triangles. It's a symbol for the Nine Worlds, life-death-rebirth.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

rezam wrote:http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/073870588 ... 052&sr=8-1

like that but just the star. It was green though, the lines. I had seen far there, white lit. I, to my dismay and sadness that I still deal with, smooshed a small one when itching my ear... It's personal. I ask their forgiveness. This is one reason why I urge education if possible.

I think could've drawn it now that it has been thought of as possible.
I believe that is called the Feri star. Its a symbol associated with faires and feri styled spirits. A friend of mine wears that often instead of a pentacle. Its also associated with the Feri tradition of witchcraft. So both fairies as in the spirits and the Feri tradition (which may or may not deal with fairy spirits)

It is also called the elven star.

If this is it

Meaning for the Feri tradition:
Feri Tradition wrote:Feri Tradition • 1 year ago
Star of Enchantment-Elven-Fairy-Feri-Wizardry-Sphere of Netzach MEANING: This Star is a septagram, a continuously drawn figure with 7 points signifying Enchantment & Wizardry. Frequently in Tarot illustrations. A less common symbol than the pentacle, it is a sacred symbol to Wiccans who follow the Feri (or Faery) tradition. The septagram is also important in Western kabbalah, where it symbolizes the sphere of Netzach, the 7 planets, the 7 alchemical metals, and the 7 days of the week.
source

Here is an article on other meanings Llewellyn's elven star article
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

rezam wrote:Ty, I haven't heard of that.
Its a much less well known symbol. The only reason I recognized it was as I said I had a friend in High School who wore it all the time instead of a pentacle.
rezam wrote:I have an odd vibe about kab and believe it to be dragonkin related.
Well Otherkin are another group of spiritual people who have used that symbol. Actually I believe its on the cover of the only definitive guide to being an Otherkin I have ever seen.
rezam wrote:Discernment could be used there. The Solomon stars seem to be used to control as I've understood them, but one. The dragon esque I've met have been ok.
Dragon magic is entirely different from elven and fae or faerie magic. Dragon magic is actually very ceremonial in nature. Its often connected with Wicca and often has rituals similar in style to Wicca but it is also a separate path.
rezam wrote:The far span so many cultures and even conspiracy theories to be denied.
I agree. Thats why there are people out there trying to connect with and work magic with Dragon spirits. Again a Dragon spirit is different from an eleven spirit or a faeire spirit. Dragons are even more particular about who they work with spiritually than the elves and fae are.
rezam wrote:Her making up things isn't bad. Intuition and messages can be done in a way that come off as imaginings. Maybe that's why our culture deems it as such, to safely communicate. I have no doubt that other kin can be hiding with us, some even to themselves. I will continue with this symbol and association. Ty again.
Well Otherkin depending on if they have an animal spirit or if they have a mythical creature spirit are unique people. I've never met a dragonkin. I've met an elvenkin and a wolfkin. There was a time I believed I was an otherkin but I dont believe that any more. I'm not sure what I believe about otherkin any more.
rezam wrote:also, any info on fae Wicca, druid Wicca, and the like?
Fae wicca? No. Feri witchcraft is not Wicca. Its an American tradition of traditional witchcraft. I believe that the practices of Green witchcraft often work with elves and faeries. I dont work with the fae in general. I work with Dragons and other spirits as they come to me.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

My fiancee and I work with dragons. If you're planning to work with them, the most important thing to remember is that they are sentient beings.

Some dragons help preserve ecological balance like any other Nature Spirits. Some are protectors of our natural treasures and resources. While some of them are Deities in their own right.

It's important to approach a dragon as you would any other entities or Deities with utmost respect. Simple ethics will tell us that it’s wrong to call, bother or distract someone from their own work just for fun.

Also, we have quite a few of what I believe of as faefolks hanging around our home. They like the porch, as well as the lavender and butterfly bushes. The cats see them more clearly than I do, but when one of the cats gets to chasing a faerie around the house it's easy for me to locate it and follow their play.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

rezam wrote:Also, I haven't met any that openly believed it, just my judgment /perception of our conversation.
I have met people who believe that they are Otherkin which is why I brought it up.
rezam wrote: I almost looked into dragon magic, but have yet.
There isn't much written on it in book form, and there aren't many websites I have found that are worth while either. It takes some research. As with anything use your best judgement when looking at sources.
rezam wrote:My encounters with the fae have been many. I'll probably research more and possibly work with them more.
Good luck with that.

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”