The Psychic Powers of Man

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: Psychic Powers of Man

Post by Seraphin »

Levitation

A representation of a person levitating
Source:Wikipedia

It 's a power or ability to reverse the polarity of one's magnetism in relation to earth and thus enable one to float on air.

Some people mistakenly referred to incidents of levitation, expecially by religious mystics, as a miracle. But actually, these can be explained by natural laws.

According to Lobsang Rampa:
Levitation is accomplished by a very special form of breathing which actually raises the frequency of the body's molecular oscillations, so that it is able to induce a form of contra-gravity. If one is expert enough, one can control the height at which one floats. If one is not so expert — well, it is to be hoped that they said goodbye to their friends and relations before practicing.

In the East, in the great lamaseries and temples where such things are taught, all practices are first conducted indoors, so that the worst that can befall a novice is that he gets thumped on the head by the ceiling, and that often serves to teach him to study more assiduously.

Levitation cannot be done while there are scoffers gaping at one, because it demands concentration and a special form of breathing. Anyway, why should one go by levitation without one's luggage when you can go by a suitable airline and have a pretty, or not so pretty, air hostess (depending upon one's age and sex !) hold one's hand when one feels nervous ?
Certain lamas, before the Communist invasion of Tibet, were able to cover long distances at fantastic speed. This is because they were able to do a minor form of levitation so that, their weight becoming appreciably less, they could leap perhaps fifty feet at one go. Thus, they progressed in fifty or a hundred-foot strides.

Levitation is accomplished by a very special form of breathing which actually raises the frequency of the body's molecular oscillations

Source: Wisdom of the Ancients
There are many people who had successfully demonstrated the power of divination such as Jesus Christ, St. Francis of Assisi, St. Theresa of Avila, Simon the Magus and Daniel D. Home.

Though, I just want to add here that there are dangers performing this ability in this plane. Physical world is governed by natural laws and orders, going through against in law of gravity for example may lead you to one point "destruction". Unless you have all the knowledge and experience in building an airplane or flying craft to defy gravity smiley_dance .
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Materialization

Parapsychology defines it as "producing something out of nothing." Stage magicians and illusionists commonly do this by sleight of hand, illusion, or trickery, like pulling a rabbit out of magician's hat! :lol: But there are some cases of materialization which are not products of illusion or trickery like the story of Jesus Christ feeding 5,000 people out of a few pieces of bread and two fishes.

How materialization is done? There are different methods of doing this. One is through mere mental power. A person must be able to visualize every detail from any angle, the object he wishes to materialize. He must have a strong desire and intention to make the object appear physically in front of him out of nowhere. And he must be able to slow down his brain waves to Delta level which is almost zero to four cycles per second without falling sleep.

Others are able to materialize things through the help of spirit guides. These people are able to call on such spirits to their instruction.

The following videos are clips of Swami Sathya Sai Baba who is known to have done spectacular materializations countless of times before various audiences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J0CFOdq09Q

He is producing golden necklaces and roses out of nowhere. Again, it's up to you if you'll believe him or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q69LqGJAnO8

Materialization need not be immediate and instantaneous, like what Swami Sathya Si Baba had done when he was still alive. It can be over a period of time. But the result is essentially the same, namely, the sudden physical manifestation or representation of something desired.

For example, one afternoon, I just felt like I need something, say a particular fruit, an apple for instance, but there was nowhere nearby I could find it. After several minutes, somebody knocked on my door and it turned out to be a vendor, selling variety of fruits including apples.

While having a conversation with the vendor, she revealed that it was just a coincidence that she went to my house. She said that it wasn't her usual route but somehow the door she knocked on was my house. Isn't this case of materialization too?
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Mediumship

Mediumship is the psychic ability to summon, communicate with or obtain information or messages from the spirit world. Although spirit communication is usually done while the medium is in a trance state, there are also mediums who are able to do this without being in trance.

Mediumship is also called "chanelling." Some psychics make a distinction between the two. A medium is one who communicates with discarnate and earth bound spirits of the dead or with elementals and nature spirits; whereas a channel is one who who communicates or receives information from higher entities or celestial beings such as angels, daemons, dragons, and lesser deities.

There are many different types of medium. There are: Mediums who do automatic writing, use Ouija Board or seance, those who prophesy, those who speak in tongues, and those who practice necromancy.
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Precognition

Have you seen Final Destination series?

Did you know that the psychic power possessed by the protagonists in the film is called "precognition"?

It is the power or ability to see and tell what is going to happen before it happens. This is distinguished from prophecy in the sense that in the latter, the events described may be of a distant future, whereas precognition, we usually refer to events about to transpire the next few months, next few days or next few minutes :D . But as I said, then distinction is merely one of degree. Both consist of knowing an event before the event occurs.

Precognition that manifests in our daily lives is called as "premonitions." They usually gives us psychic information about impending danger, illness, accident or death.

Precogntions usually happen spontaneously and without conscious control. Certain future events come to mind and then later they actually happen to their utter disbelief. But some psychics and adepts have been known to be able to call upon it at will. This shows that man can harness and develop such power consciously and need not depend on chance or unanticipated events for it to be manifested.

What is seen are just probabilities of the future and are not necessarily unalterable. A predicted or foreseen course of events can be changed by man's will. This does not necessarily prove that precogntions or visions of the future are false but the will of man overpowered what could have been a certain course of events.

How is it possible for a person to tell what is going to happen before it does?

Because in my humble opinion, everything that happens on the physical plane must first take place on the non-material planes such as astral and spiritual worlds. Put another way, everything that appears here in physical world must first take place in otherworlds. The physical is merely the effect of some higher cause.

Before one gets sick, he or she is already sick mentally or spiritually. Before man created an invention, he already created it in his mind. Therefore what psychics is seeing when looking at the future is merely the present event on otherworlds which will take effect on the physical plane on some future.

Time, as we know it, is being divided into past, present future, exists only on the physical plane, I believe. In otherworld, there is only one eternal now. Our subconscious mind also sees the eternal now.
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Prophecy

Psychic powers manifest not only in our waking state but also during sleep, in meditative state, in hypnotic state, or in trance. Many people have reported dreams, visions from meditations or just hearing voices inside their head that warned them of things to come, which have actually occurred.

Such prophecies usually pertain to forthcoming deaths, wars, disasters like natural calamities and sinking of ships.

Some believe that unlike precognition, prophecy cannot be thwarted as if the events in prophecies are already written in akashic record.
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Psychic Diagnosis

There are people who can look at another person for the first time and can intuitively tell exactly what's wrong with him physically without using any medical instrument. In more highly developed cases, the person can even tell exactly the precise condition of the internal organ involved.

How is the process done? One simply tunes in to a person's body while in a very relaxed state of mind and body. Then he just allows information to come to his mind without any effort, judgement or evaluation. He should be alert whatever he sees mentally, hears, smells, feels and tastes. He may see a dark spot in a certain area of the body, sometimes, he may scars, holes or a different color from other parts. This usually means trouble in that spot.
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Psychic Reading

There are people who will just look at you and tell you everything about yourself -- your personality, behavior, problems, ailments, important events in your past, present, future, as well as many other hidden things about you. This is known as "psychic reading."

Some physic readers can make accurate reading without any divination tools at all. Others may use crystal ball, tarot cards, tea leaves, runes, and even a dictionary. :wink: They are merely used by the reader as a focus of his attention in order to reach the person's subconscious mind..
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Psychic Surgery

One of the most controversial psychic powers in the world is psychic surgery.

This is an uncanny ability to make an incision or open the body of a patient using only one's bare hands, take out diseased tissues and then close the incision without any trace at all. Though, I saw some creepy videos, that some Brazilian surgeons use certain instruments like a kitchen knife, scissors and even a carpenter's saw, in performing psychic operations.

Some have declared the phenomenon to be completely fraudulent and product of trickery or sleight-of0hand. On the other hand, there a scientists who observed and have declared it to be genuine yet they have no single conclusion how it is happening. And so the phenomenon has remained controversial up to now.
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Psychometry

Psychometry comes from two words: "Psyche" which means soul or mid, and "meter" which means measurement. Literally therefore psychometry means "soul measurement". Also called object reading, psychometry may be defined as the psychic ability to read or obtain information about a person by merely holding an object belonging to him or one he has touched or held previously.
Psychometry is merely one or more forms of clairvoyance, brought into operation by means of some connecting link between persons or things...

A bit of metal, stone, or cloth, or hair will open up the psychic vision of the things previously associated with it in the past. Or, on the other hand, we may bring ourselves in rapport with persons now living, by means of a particle of their clothing, hair or articles formerly carried by them, the rapport condition thus established enabling us to more easily set up the astral tube.

Source:
Lessons in Yogi Philosophy and Eastern Mysticism by Yogi Ramacharaka
A person who is ‘a sensitive’ can finger an object and tell quite a lot about it. For example : A sensitive can pick up a stone on the shore of some lake or sea. Then by sitting down and letting the mind go blank, the sub-conscious can activate some para-normal senses so that the fingers can convey vibrations to the brain which form pictures. All life is electric and magnetic, and anything that has been touched by a person always has the mark of that person in future. It is like touching a piece of iron with a magnet ; you will find that you have partly magnetised the piece of iron. A galvanometer, or even an ordinary magnetic compass, can detect the magnetism imparted to the iron by the light touch of the magnet.

In the same way, a person who can do psychometry can touch a stone, or a ring, or a piece of clothing, and can describe scenes in the past of that article.

Such a person does not do it for self-gain, nor as a stage trick, but only to help others.

Source: Wisdom of the Ancients by Lobsang Rampa
How many times have asked ourselves, "If only these walls could see and these ground could speak, what strange wonderful tales they could tell," without for a moment realizing that such is literally possible by means of pscyhometry!

To understand how psychometry works, we must first explain the concept of akashic record. Eastern mystics define the word akasha as:

If we reduce the entire stuff of the universe into their smallest and ultimate component, what will be left is akasha.

In other words, akasha is substratum of all matter. It is even more basic or fundamental than the western physicists call the "quantum" level of matter.

According to eastern mysticism, everything that transpires on earth, every thought, feeling, or action we have experienced , is recorded in akasha. Each of us creates our won akashic record at the time of our birth and ends at the time of our death. The record is permanent and cannot be erased, edited or modified even a bit.

Now, when we held an object, we leave something of ourselves in that object. This doesn't take place in physical level but in energy level. Therefore there is no way we can physically prove this. We will only discover this when we try to physically read or feel an object.

If we recall the eastern teaching that everything is indelibly and permanently stored in Akashic record, then the phenomenon of psychometry becomes reasonable and no longer mystifying. Even western science claims nothing on universe is ever destroyed, but merely transmuted or changed. Tha akasha is the movie camera of otherworlds. It records and preserves literally everything that happens in the universe.
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Pyrokinesis

Pyrokinesis is so rare phenomenon and ability that one could hardly find any documented example of it.

Through deep concentration, Tibetan monks are able to generate body heat, so hot it can dry wet sheets covering their body.The Buddhists say the heat they generate is a byproduct of the "thoughtful friction". This subtle force results from the two thoughts being pressed together closely in subconscious mind, causing attractive forces between energies of different thoughts. It is like when we feel both anxious and angry at the same time, isn't we perspirate? If our body could generate heat then it is theoretically possible to produce fire by mind alone.

One of the cases of a person's ability to produce fire was that of A.W. Underwood.
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Remote Viewing

It refers to the ability to project sense of awareness of a distant place to describe it accurately without having been there. This psychic ability is one of the few powers that was thoroughly studied and scientifically validated and confirmed, led by Drs. Russel Trag and Harold Puthoff of Stanford Research Institute (SRI).

In the seminar I attended a year ago, remote viewing was done by simply asking us to choose a partner in the room that we do not know personally and each of us would mentally travel to each partner's house and describe in detail. Surprisingly! We got a success rate of over 90 percent, thus proving that almost everyone can tune in to a target place and describe it accurately without having been there.

This ability is now being taught in some military schools in the west and in industry.

Learn more about Remote Viewing here.
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Retrocogntion

If precognition is knowledge of future events, recognition is the reverse. It refers to knowledge of past events without being present there.

There are sensitive people who can go to the place and tell what happened in the place. They have sometimes been used by the police to help solve crimes or locate missing people.

How is it possible? Because past, present, future as I said in my other posts exist only on the physical plane, so a psychic can see what took place as if it is happening in the present. The events can be seen or felt in the energy or etheric field of the place.

The akasha as I said earlier is the substratum of all matter according to Eastern mysticism. Evrything in the universe reduced to its ultimate component, is the akasha. So everything is recorded in the akasha. And any psychic who can read the akasha can tell accurate detail what has occurred in a particular place.

If one can see the future, there is no reason why he cant see the past.
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Telekinesis

Sometimes referred as "psychokinesis", Telekinesis is the ability or power to move, lift or transfer an object from one place to another, by sheer mental power and without the use of any physical means whatsoever. It also refers to the ability of certain psychics to bend or break an object using only one's mind.

Some weird phenomena, such as the sudden banging of doors, tilting of paintings on the wall, hurling of chairs, flickering of lights, and tables in the air by themselves, which were usually attributed to the workings of poltergeists, is now known to be sometimes caused by hypersensitive and hyperactive child or young adult, although they are often not conscious of the fact that they are causing the telekinetic phenomenon.

But what is this strange power? This strange energy that can so affect physical objects s to defy the law of gravity? The theory advanced by western scientists is not compatible with occult teachings but on contrary tend to prove them.

According to Dr. Harold Burr, Professor Neuroanatomy at Yale University:
All living matter, from a seed to a human being is surrounded and controlled by electrodynamic fields. As the body renews itself, the forcefield ensures that the new tissue takes proper place.
While according to Dr. Leonard Ravitz, from the same University:
the mind could influence these forcefields around the body
Later, Dr. Genady Sergeyev of Uktomski Physiological Institute wondered and theorized the vibrations in the field around one's body act like magnetic waves. The moment these magnetic waves occur, they cause the object that the telekinetic focuses on, even if its something non-magnetic, to act as if magnetized. It causes the object to be attracted or repelled from the telekinetic.

This video I believe proves telekinesis!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlOxlSOr3_M

Nah... Just kiddin... Hahaha... But this is one my favorite vids. It still gives me goosebumps every time I watch it.

The video below is the real one. Oh! I mean "probably" a real one.

Could it be? Could it be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycE863jRA9Q
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Telepathy

In its simplest form, telepathy is the ability to send or receive thoughts of another from afar and without the suse of any of the physical senses. It is also known as "thought reference" . Of all the latent faculties or powers of man, telepathy is the most commonly manifested and therefore the least disputed by western science as far as I am concerned. Ordinary people, without any claim to psychic powers, and who may not even know what telepathy means, have experienced the phenomenon of though transference in their daily lives in the form of intuition, hunches or premonitions.

In other parts of the world, there are extra-ordinary people who are able not merely to tune in on the thought waves of another, but can even literally see and read the thoughts of another and to carry on a prolonged conversation by telepathy. There is nothing so remarkable or supernatural about all this. It is merely a question of understanding the secret nature of thoughts and methods of unfolding the inner faculties of man.

In my humble opinion, thoughts are things, activated by the mind principle of man and operating through the brain. Thoughts are made up of much finer matter, but it is still matter of a subtle nature.

If that is so, how come not everybody can see or feel the thoughts of another? The answer is simply that man, being so much occupied in solid matter, has lost his pristine sensitiveness to subtle forces around him.

All of us constantly emit through waves in my opinion, but most of our thoughts are weak and scattered. They do not travel very far. Once we train ourselves and lean to concentrate, we can make powerful thoughts and send them far and wide wherever we want to.

How exactly telepathy work? What are its mechanics? No one can tell for sure. Man possesses a dormant organ which is centre of psychic powers. The organ is called "pineal gland" which some psychic refers as " The Third Eye". Western science knows practically nothing about the true function of this organ. They dismiss it as mere remnant of our evolutionary past which has outlived its usefulness.

Eastern mystics for century however have known the pineal gland is the organ of telepathic communication. It receives thought vibrations transmitted by others and such vibrations may or may not pass through the conscious mind depending on the sensitiveness of the person. Since thought waves can pass through matter and are not limited by space, telepathic communication can be done over long distances and under any material surroundings.
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Teleportation

I know everyone is familiar with this term. This the power or ability to transport one's self instantly to a distant place with no physical means whatsoever. When the phenomenon occurs, the person simply vanishes and he appears simultaneously somewhere else.

One of the highly documented case of teleportation occurred in the Philippines. You may read this article about Gil Perez who unknowingly transported himself to Mexico.

How teleportation takes place is still not clear. However, Quantum Physics seems to hold a clue. Quantum Physicists have discovered that the smallest or quantum particle of matter can vanish in one orbit and immediately appear in another. If this can manifest in the quantum level of matter, why can it not happen on macro level? They also found that at the smallest level, thought or consciousness can affect the behavior of matter.
Seraphin

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”