The Psychic Powers of Man

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: Psychic Powers of Man

Post by Seraphin »

Thoughtography

Otherwise known as "Thought photography," this very rare mental ability to transfer the image of what is in one's mind onto photographic film.

I don't know much about this kind of psychic skill but this article, Ted Serios and Psychic Projects could however grab your interest.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Yay! I finished it!

Feel free to comment and share your thoughts and experience about them!

Bless y'all!
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Chronokinesis

Chronokinesis is the psychic ability to control one's perception of time. It comes from the Greek word "Chronos", which means "time"and "kinesis, which means "movement or activity".

Can you imagine a world without the concept of time ?

According to Datre:
Your brain cannot handle 'now', it was not designed to handle 'now'. The only way that you can, at the present time - using the word 'time' again - is for you to be able to leave the physical construct and go into that which you call the 'void' where there is total nothingness. It is in all undifferentiated energy that you experience 'now'. Your time in the physical construct has movement. What causes the movement of 'time' are events. This is difficult to explain and I'm going to do the best I can. That space between events has no 'time' connection what-so-ever. In other words, in order for 'time' to exist, an 'event' must take place. There has to be 'action' from a physical construct otherwise you don't have time.

You should understand that if you need time, you can create all the time you need. According to physicist Bohm we live in a gigantic hologram in a hologram past, present and future all exist simultaneously, there is only NOW. The Karma concept as the occidental understand it cannot be correct, you don't pay for a past life in a current life, because all those lives occur in same time. The soul has the ability to do this. But it is not the discussion of this article if you want more details about this, read 'Seth Speaks' or the Datre Books.

Source: http://www.psychic101.com/category/datre/
Here, loona wynd provided an exercise to slow time stream down or speed it up.
Time Bending Exercise

This first mental energy and mental magic exercise is something I use frequently when I am running late. This technique here is something I picked up originally from Instant Magick by Christopher Penczak, but I have modified it slightly for my own use as it works effectively both ways.

1. See yourself and your time stream in one place. See the time stream of your location or if you are meeting a type of transportation service see their stream going the other direction.

2. As you focus on the time streams see the other stream slow down and your stream speed up.

3. See the streams eventually meeting the same speed, direction, and flow but with you slightly ahead of the other.

4. Hold this visualization until you can no longer focus.

5. Release the thought and the energy to the universe knowing you will be on time.

You can modify the exercise so that if you only have so much time before you have to leave and you want it to feel longer by slowing down your time stream. This will allow you to mentally experience time passing slower.
Subliminal Video for Chronokinesis training:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vIiLEvm7T2k
Seraphin

earthsister

Post by earthsister »

Wow! what a comprehensive list! i am just blown away by the time and effort you've put into it. you should be so proud of yourself. thanks for putting up thing togther, this would be helpful for beginners in psycism like me.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Thanks, earthsister! :D :oops: I'm happy that you find it helpful!
Seraphin

ness

Post by ness »

Very nice read, Seraphin. Very comprehensive coverage of each topic! I enjoyed reading about each power.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Thanks ness! I am happy that you enjoyed it! :)
Seraphin

Esaru Kun

Post by Esaru Kun »

This is an incredibly interesting posts Seraphin! I had wondered at the specific descriptions and classifications of some unexplained abilities and skills of mankind, I think that this explains it nicely.

Now, just musing...If a person senses a spirit (and so does a dog) why doesn't science keep looking?! I would love to know what science has to explain regarding that why when a person experiences paranormal activity it is all in the mind?
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Thank you Esaru kun *bows*

As for your question, yes! No doubt psychic abilities exists, such as seeing the future, or seeing the unseen, or moving a physical object with only one’s mental powers or reading one's thought. Because they are very rare, unpredictable, unexplained and not often repeatable at will, these are classified as mere products of one's imagination or coincidences, or hallucinations, or merely anomalous events.

But in my research, as early as the 19th century, some psychologists began noticing the existence of certain mental skills and events including the existence of these abilities that couldn't easily be disregarded as mere coincidences, or anomalous events. There were extraordinary people who were able to read minds or project their consciousness to other place under controlled experiments.

Most of Orthodox classical scientists ignored the several proofs and evidence as mere productions or a result of faulty experimental methods. They simply can't accept such phenomena existed. Otherwise, it would render the very foundation of science under question. Worse, they can even be proven to be wrong, or at least inadequate or unable, in explaining the true nature of the physical universe.

A smart philosopher named Arthur Schopenhauer, once observed and stated that a new idea undergoes three stages of development: First it is denied, second, it is opposed violently, and third, it's accepted as self-evident truth. Note the following examples: When Galilio Galilei said that the sun id the center of the solar system, some philosophers criticized this idea and the clergies even condemn his theory as heresy. Graham Bell's idea that the human voice could be transmitted and could be heard clearly over long distances through wire or cable, was considered ridiculous and fantasy. So was, Wright Brothers idea of creating a vehicle that can fly.

I believe this is the same thing has happened and is happening in the case of psychism and even paranormal phenomena.
Seraphin

SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Quite a list! Thank you for putting it together.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Hey, no problem Snowcat! I'm glad to help in any way!
Seraphin

TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Thank-you for your hard work in putting this incredible list together.

I am claircognizant,
Direct knowledge, knowing the answer to a question without knowing "how" you know it.
I'm going to share a conversation I had with my husband yesterday...he likes to test me.

He bought scratch-off tickets, there was a 3$ and a 2$. I knew the 3$ was going to be a winner but I didn't tell him that I just wanted him to scratch that one. He put them behind his back and asked me to pick one. I picked the right, it was the 2$ one I wanted. Then he put two coins behind his back and asked me to pick one. I picked the right, he said "now what is it?"
I said "just give me the nickel".
It was a nickel.
His ticket was a winner.

It kind of pops in my head like a ready-made thought, and I just know.

Another instance, this happened when I was working on Easter, it was about 20 minutes before a coworker was due for work. I just said to another coworker, "She's not coming to work today".
She never showed up and is now fired.

Blessed Be :flyingwitch:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

WOW! Thank you for sharing your experience Twilight Dancer.

I too have experienced (and continue to experience) claircognizance since I was in grade school. As I get older, I learn to trust this "clear and direct knowledge" even more, even if it doesn't make sense sometimes :lol: . I try to listen to that little voice in my head that tells me what to do, or what might happen.

It's a shame that as a researcher and lecturer of Psychic Development in our Circle (I have been helping people precisely how to use, train and improve their mental abilities), there are times that I choose not to follow this "knowledge", and that's when things mess up. :annoyed:

Anyway, I'm going to include this skill on the list! Thanks again!
Seraphin

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Claircognizance

TwilightDancer simply defined it as:
Direct knowledge, knowing the answer to a question without knowing "how" you know it.
Claircognizance is an ability of our right brain to know or grasp things at once, intuitively, spontaneously. Since the knowledge received by some people are often non-logical and doesn't make sense, the more dominant left analytical brain is so quick to pooh-pooh this psychic manifestation and tends to ignore this clearly undeniable "direct knowledge". Many times it's already too late when people realize they should have followed this knowledge even the source of it is unknown. And one thing more, whereas some of our unsensitive analysis and understanding can make mistakes in its conclusion, claircognizant information is seldom, if ever, wrong.

In my recent studies about psychic abilities, I discovered that it is one of the intuitive gifts or Clairs (Clairvoyance, Clairayidience, Clairsentience, etc.) that our right brain hemisphere was concerned of. It is also concerned with non verbal thinking, images, synthesis, depth and perspective. Whereas, the left half of the brain was primarily concerned with logic, with verbal, rational and intellectual thinking.

The left brain thinkers are more on logic and verbal reasoning. They begin from major premise, minor premise and conclusion in a systematic manner. Not so with the right brain thinkers. They think in terms of images and visions and not in concrete realities. They grasp the "information" or an event at once and without coherent or logical analysis.
Seraphin

TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Seraphin wrote: Claircognizance is an ability of our right brain to know or grasp things at once, intuitively, spontaneously. Since the knowledge received by some people are often non-logical and doesn't make sense, the more dominant left analytical brain is so quick to pooh-pooh this psychic manifestation and tends to ignore this clearly undeniable "direct knowledge". Many times it's already too late when people realize they should have followed this knowledge even the source of it is unknown. And one thing more, whereas some of our unsensitive analysis and understanding can make mistakes in its conclusion, claircognizant information is seldom, if ever, wrong.
Spot on, truly, well done Seraphin. smiley_dance
This "little voice" has definitely been a life saver in more ways than one. Especially when picking up on the intentions of others. Throughout important events in my life I've learned to trust this information and I'm always glad I did.

Blessed Be :flyingwitch:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”