Question about Energy

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
ness

Question about Energy

Post by ness »

I have been wondering about this. I might as well put it out there for your opinion and inputs.

You know how some people come across as charming, some as convincing, some as intimidating, some very stand-offish? Sometimes we get a certain feeling about a person even before we get to know them. Sometimes body language and so contributes a little toward this slicing we do in our head.But mostly, is this because of the energy given out by each individual? Is there a name for this energy?

I ask this because, I tell myself often that I have to focus on positive energy and some days make conscious effort to be positive and accepting. But that energy is what is within me. I focus on how I feel, how I want to feel, and so on. But, I don't once think about how I come across to others. How other people view me? What energy do I give out? I am sure at some level these two are connected. I am sorry if this is vague because the thoughts are still developing in my head.

I will give an example - We once did a team building exercise with mostly a group of strangers. The scenario was that we were all in a ship and only 2 could survive. So, each of us had to pick 2 survivors to take our message to our loved ones. Again, we hardly knew each other. We were in a circle and we had to go around and look at each one and tell them to their face if they will survive or if they will die. This was SO interesting when I looked at how people picked people who would survive to take messages to their loved ones. How people picked 2 strangers and why them and why were they trust worthy, what made them stand out... did they give out a certain energy that made them trustworthy? I found it absolutely fascinating!!!

Mods - I dont know if this is under the right category. Please feel free to move it around where you think suitable.
Heartsong

Re: Question about Energy

Post by Heartsong »

I think we've all experienced what you're talking about, ness. There are some people we met that we feel instantly attracted to, and others that give us what my mom calls the "heebie jeebies". She can always tell when someone is lying based on the colors that she can see around them and I haven't seen her be wrong yet in her perceptions (Neither I or my siblings inherited that ability). Although I can't see what she's talking about, I can feel it. So I wonder if what we sense is actually the aura of a person.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

I think you're like me, ness; as an empath, in addition to sensing the general emotions and energies of those around me, I pick up what people intend to project -- which is often not the same thing as what's underneath. At this point, if I'm being very mindful, I can tell the difference. And unfortunately, I am almost always right about the people I sensed. Why unforunately? Because then they become too predictable and, therefore, very boring.

This all begins with our perception, such like how a doctor feels and reads the patient even before he asks for symptoms at hand. A game I once played with my fiancee was sensing the aura of other people in restaurants, in nearby tables. Even if we just glanced at them, we could both tell what their emotions, characteristics and intentions. Actually, their gestures and their "aura" (energy) tells it.

But now, there are some limits I imposed to my practice of this skill. I only use it on friends if I could help and support them with my guidance after making them open up about themselves.

One lesson I have learned through my experience with this skill is to never offer my what's on my mind unless I am asked. For, as one should have guessed early on, herein lies the danger of exercising this skill: you could be ridiculed as a jerk who thinks he knows everything. Being most often correct does not justify what I do.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
ness

Post by ness »

To confuse more -
For most of us, it's unintentional and we don't even put much thought into the energy we intent to project. For instance, while I was in that circle, couple of random strangers picked me as a "survivor". It shocked me. I am not sure what made them picked me. Also, not all of us read someone's energy the same way. That's why people picked different people to trust. So, it can't just be a person's energy but how works with our own?
Can we control what energy project to the outside world?

In the Seraphin's list about pychic abilities, aura is (quote from his post)
- The colors of the human aura therefore are indicative of the different aspects of the person's physical, emotional, mental and spiritual condition.
So, aura would keep changing through out a person's lifetime, correct? Depending on their growth on each front?
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

ness wrote:To confuse more -
For most of us, it's unintentional and we don't even put much thought into the energy we intent to project. For instance, while I was in that circle, couple of random strangers picked me as a "survivor". It shocked me. I am not sure what made them picked me. Also, not all of us read someone's energy the same way. That's why people picked different people to trust. So, it can't just be a person's energy but how works with our own?
Can we control what energy project to the outside world?
This is because of the vibrations of our aura. It's the vibration that causes emotions in all things. I believe that when two persons vibrate the same frequency, they are in harmony with each other and so there's a feeling of liking, friendship or attraction. However, when they don't vibrate at the same frequency, there's a feeling of dislike and repulsion. This explains why we sometimes immediately like or immediately dislike a person we've seen or met only the first time.
ness wrote:In the Seraphin's list about pychic abilities, aura is (quote from his post)
- The colors of the human aura therefore are indicative of the different aspects of the person's physical, emotional, mental and spiritual condition.
So, aura would keep changing through out a person's lifetime, correct? Depending on their growth on each front?
Yes ness. I see them change in my family and friends as time goes by -- sickness, love, enlightenment, depression -- these are all reflected in the aura.

Our aura contains a record of every significant thing that happens to us. Nothing can be hidden from view, I believe.
Seraphin

ness

Post by ness »

Seraphin wrote: This is because of the vibrations of our aura. It is the vibration that causes emotions in all things. I believe that when two persons vibrate the same frequency, they are in harmony with each other and so there is a feeling of liking, friendship or attraction, When they do not vibrate at the same frequency, there is a feeling of dislike and repulsion. This explains why we sometimes immediately like or immediately dislike a person we have seen or met only the first time.
Hmmm, thats very interesting. I am going to think about this a little bit more.
Seraphin wrote:Yes ness. I see them change in my family and friends as time goes by -- sickness, love, enlightenment, depression -- these are all reflected in the aura.

Our aura contains a record of every significant thing that happens to us. Nothing can be hidden from view, I believe.
I suppose so. I wish I had some psychic power, but have none :)
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

I believe we all have psychic ability ness. When a person is able to see or predict the future, he/she is called "a psychic". The word is thus used and understood in a very limited sense. I think this is not correct, for the word "psychic" comes from the Greek word "psyche" which means "soul" or "mind." Therefore anybody who has a soul or mind, is literally speaking a psychic!

Psychic abilities are natural and universal ability of man's inner faculties possessed by everybody. Of course, like any other talent or ability, some have more of it than others. In other words some people have more developed psychic abilities than others but everybody had the faculty for it.

Psychism can be developed or enhanced through regular meditation. Fifteen to 30 minutes of daily meditation is satisfactory enough to experience a growing awareness and sensitivity to subtle, spiritual and astral energies and forces. A form of meditation to open and activate the psychic centers or chakras would be faster. But it's not a good idea to work with chakras willy nilly. This should be done under guidance of a knowledgeable person to avoid pitfalls, imbalances or troubles.

(Oh and by the way, I believe it's appropriate to move this thread to Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy forum, since the topic is about psychic energies, not so much healing and energy work stuff, in my opinion)
Seraphin

Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Oh and by the way, I believe it is appropriate to move this thread to Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy forum, since the topic is about psychic energies, not so much healing and energy work stuff, in my opinion
Done!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Eeek! Thanks Xiao!
Seraphin

ness

Post by ness »

Seraphin wrote:I believe we all have psychic ability ness. When a person is able to see or predict the future, he/she is called "a psychic". The word is thus used and understood in a very limited sense. I think this is not correct, for the word "psychic" comes from the Greek word "psyche" which means "soul" or "mind." Therefore anybody who has a soul or mind, is literally speaking a psychic!

Psychic abilities are natural and universal ability of man's inner faculties possessed by everybody. Of course, like any other talent or ability, some have more of it than others. In other words some people have more developed psychic abilities than others but everybody had the faculty for it.

Psychism can be developed or enhanced through regular meditation. Fifteen to 30 minutes of daily meditation is satisfactory enough to experience a growing awareness and sensitivity to subtle, spiritual and astral energies and forces. A form of meditation to open and activate the psychic centers or chakras would be faster. But it is not a good idea to work with chakras willy nilly. This should be done under guidance of a knowledgeable person to avoid pitfalls, imbalances or troubles.
Seraphin, you have such great insights! Its so humbling... smileylove
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Thank you for sharing that with me ness.
Seraphin

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”