Guided Meditation to meet your God/Goddess?

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Sakura Blossom

Guided Meditation to meet your God/Goddess?

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I've got a good feeling I know who it is, but I don't want to contact them unless it's really them. So does anyone know of a meditation or guided meditation you can do to meet your god/goddess? I've found some for spirit guides, and I'm going to listen to them to see if they will help me through this or not.

And how do you protect yourself from the negative energies that want to get in? I want to ensure that when I talk to whoever this is, it's safe and who I'm meant to talk to.

Thanks!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
ness

Re: Guided Meditation to meet your God/Goddess?

Post by ness »

I am by no means an expert in guided meditation. But I will just share few things that I was taught.

I think its important that you are grounded during meditation. I like sitting on the floor. But at the least, have my bare feet touch the floor. I imagine being connected with the roots of mother earth.

Before going into meditation, I always say a brief prayer of some sort, just establishing my boundaries. Its just couple of lines. I mention that I do not wish to be contacted by negative or maligned energy or spirits during my journey. I also ask the divine light to show me the way and help protect myself.

I know some people form a protective bubble around themselves or surround themselves with some light, depending on what color is safe for you. I have tried that, but came up with no light. Instead, I got 2 snakes, one on each shoulder covering each side of my body :shock: I do love them and that's my protection.

And more importantly, trust your instincts. If something doesn't feel right, move on. You can also start a conversation by asking if whomever you meet is from divine light.

There are plenty of wisdom in this board. I am sure some of the other posters can guide you :) Good luck.
Also, if you youtube to find some guided meditation to connect with god/goddess, you might find something.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you! I saw this after I tried it today, and I did pretty much the same thing. I always do groudning and shielding before starting anything, then I use water to anoint my head with a prayer, ,then I ask nothing of ill intent or negativity to come in, and only those that are of the light and who I'm meant to work with. I had sage burning too during this, so I feel fairly confident who I was briefly talking with wasn't anything bad. There were some interesting things that happened, albeit a short trip, that really made me feel happy and excited. (:

Thanks for your help!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Hiya Sakura!

These are some visualizations I made how to touch my Deities. Of course, you have to ground and center first before doing the meditation.

This is just a guidance so you can always adjust, modify and tweak this. There are other methods of connection that might work better for those who don't respond well to this exercise. See what you find.

First, visualize yourself in a garden, at the foot of some steps to a small cottage surrounded by different shrubs. Climb the steps and you'll see a lake on the other side. Moored nearby is a small boat, and you feel and you know that you must cross that lake. You go to the boat and climb into, and it begins to move of its own accord, gliding to the open water.

It grows dark, rain begin to fall. Furious wind come rushing with violent waves threatening to overturn the boat. You are soaked. It is cold and scary and you want to turn back.

Gradually, the rain stops and you can see sunlight ahead. Even better, the boat is drawing ashore.

You have reached a grassland (or anywhere you feel you have to go like mountain, desert, forest, etc. ). You clamber out the boat and feel bright sunlight drying you. Walk on, enjoying the feeling of the open air. Ahead of you is a temple (colour of the temple depends on the Deity you're contacting). Become aware of the scent of flowers and shrubs (flowers and plants sacred to the Deity). They cluster around the temple.

Walk inside the temple (its interior design is up to you what to visualize). This is the place where you meet your Deity. Close your eyes and form an image (what do you think your Deity looks like? In what form do you want to see Him/Her.) Open your eyes to see Him/Her. You are before the throne of the God/Goddess.

You hear His/Her voice. Be still and know that He/She is your Deity.

You may ask question. Talk to Him/Her respectfully. Hear His/Her answer or response.

If you feel it's time to go. Say thank you. You turn and go out from the temple. But instead the boat, you see a bridge over the lake and you walk over it easily. Soon you are back to the cottage. You sit down in the cottage and contemplate what you have experienced.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thanks! I will try that, I did something similar earlier where I envisioned myself in the middle of a forest. Then all on its own, it suddenly became something entirely different. Haha. So He took over and made it all what it needed to be. x3 It was very short, though, but I'm hoping to do some more later. I will definitely try this, thanks!

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

You are welcome Sakura!

Please keep us posted with your explorations! Bless you!
Seraphin

Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thanks! (: I will soon enough, I'm waiting on something then I will~ It's been very interesting, to say the least. I did offer Him some sweets tonight, but they're not what he asked for... I would have offered cake but it kinda tasted gross since it was from a package lol I didn't want to serve disgusting cake.

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Yeah, I think that's the most important thing, Sakura :D ! It is your willingness to give your offering to the best of your ability. If you want to come near to a Deity, it must come "from you." Once that is accomplished, bring your personal sweets too.

If we seek to draw close to our Gods, to find meaning and depth in all the mundane and spiritual activities of life, we need to bring ourselves close, and in particular our "offering".
Seraphin

Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Yes, I agree! (: I offered him candy instead, as I saw he seemed to enjoy candies but that's the only processed foods to give. I didn't have anything to offer other than that. Haha. xD But yes! I'm doing my best.

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Yay for you Sakura!

Send my best regards to Loki!
Seraphin

Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you! And I shall! Haha. He's been very active in my personal life recently, but I've read that he enjoys that. So I'm not surprised now. lol

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”