Magical Sandwiches

Share your recipes and food tips here.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Magical Sandwiches

Post by loona wynd »

This is a list of sandwich ingredients that I found in the book A witches world of Magick (see Review here). I figured that this would be a good place to share that magical sandwich making list. Now I haven't done this yet myself but it is something to look into.

The idea is that by working with the properties of the breads and the fillings you can create a sandwich that will effectively bring your desires to reality. The change will occur within, which as I understand it is key in Kitchen Magic.

Breads

Rye:
Truth, Strength

Wheat:
Tenacity, Strength, Success, Growth, Stability

Pumpernickel:
Spiritual communication, psychic awareness, swiftness, transformation

Flax:
Luck, health, protection, strength

Whole grain:
Wholeness, completion, unity, energy, magical power

Vegetables

Olive:
Love, health, wealth, sensuality, passion

Tomato:
Love, Happiness, Friendship, calming, cheer

Yellow onion:
Strength, health, defense

White onion:
Purification, strength, health, defense

Red Onion:
Strength, defense, sweetness and love in the midst of adversity

Mushrooms:
Spirit communication. dream magic, wisdom

Avocado:
Peace, Calming, sensuality

Watercress:
Spirituality, emotion, love, dream magic

Kale:
Purification, defense, strength, health

Sprouts:
New growth, new beginnings, increased vitality, energy

Cucumbers:
Calming, Peace, Purification

Pickles:
Cheer, Peace, Purification, truth, banishing

Toppings

Cheese:
Abundance, growth, binding, transformation, patience, fertility

Salt:
Purification, defense, truth, happiness, energy, power

Black Pepper:
Strength, defense, banishing negativity, depression, sadness, anxiety, fear

Mustard:
Banishing, defense, truth, strength

Mayonnaise:
Fertility, binding, attracting

Honey:
Love, dream magic, sweetness, fertility, growth, health, friendship, inspiration, passion

Peanut butter:
Stability, strength. tenacity, hidden treasures, powers of the underworld, power of the earth

Strawberry Jam:
Love, luck, happiness, friendship

Orange Marmalade:
Solar energies, happiness, strength, confidence, power, vitality

Apple butter:
Love, luck, happiness, dream magic, friendship, health, calming

Grape Jelly:
Abundance, prosperity, passion, fertility, joy

Source:

Marquis, Melanie A witches world of magick, WoodBurry MN Llwellyn Publications 2014
BabyBear

Re: Magical Sandwiches

Post by BabyBear »

What a neat way of looking at things, i mean you think about your herbal teas and what they do for you and foods that have properties but never making a meal to aid you
thanks for the list loona
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

BabyBear wrote:What a neat way of looking at things, i mean you think about your herbal teas and what they do for you and foods that have properties but never making a meal to aid you
thanks for the list loona
Like I said. I did not compile or make that list. I found it as a valuable resource in one of the books I have recently read and reviewed. I thought that sharing it would be useful for other as well. The only thing I think that could make this list a little more effective is if there were meats listed and ketchup. The type of bread that I use wasn't on the list either. I primarily eat Potato bread so I may need to think about that and come up with that.

As for the meal aspect, thats one thing I have found about Kitchen Witchcraft. Its about the spices used in cooking if you want to work magic with your food that way. For example using garlic for protection. You could also add black pepper, salt, and onion to the mix and you would have a very powerful protective spice blend for your kitchen magic.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I really like this! If you are on the go, or don't have much time that day to do something, this would be a great way to fit something in to help you on your way with what you need. (: I like the idea of this! And funny thing is, I'm eating a sandwich right now too. Well, sort of. A turkey burger on wheat bread with cheese and maple syrup counts as a sandwich right?
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Sakura Blossom wrote:I really like this! If you are on the go, or don't have much time that day to do something, this would be a great way to fit something in to help you on your way with what you need. (: I like the idea of this! And funny thing is, I'm eating a sandwich right now too. Well, sort of. A turkey burger on wheat bread with cheese and maple syrup counts as a sandwich right?
I was actually thinking of lunch time mostly when I first saw this listing. My go-to to go lunch is a sandwich. They are easy to transport, and you don't need a plate or silverware to eat them. They may require refrigeration depending on what you have on them for toppings though.

Of course simply making a sandwich based on associations wouldn't be enough. Its making the sandwich with the intent that the desire (say strengths) manifests in our life that would make it work. Eating it with that intent would also be key in making the strength manifest. So for example say you wanted to develop the strength to talk to your boss about something but were nervous to do it. You could make yourself a peanut butter and orange marmalade sandwich for lunch or breakfast with the intent you develop inner strength. You then focus on that as you spread the spreads on the bread and as you eat it you feel those items bringing strength to you.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

I don't know how I missed this thread until now.
Thanks for posting this list Loona. :fairy:

Blessed Be :flyingwitch:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

TwilightDancer wrote:I don't know how I missed this thread until now.
Thanks for posting this list Loona. :fairy:

I still feel that the breads are missing something and that there are a few spread toppings that could be added. Still this was a good start. I may start using this more for my work. Though the bread I use isnt listed. I either use potato bread or plain white bread. So who knows.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Mind if I add to your list?
This post has my attention lately.

Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

TwilightDancer wrote:Mind if I add to your list?
This post has my attention lately.

Go ahead and make your additions in the thread. Thats in part what this thread is here for.

Return to “Food and Recipes”