The Book of Damnation

Review and recommend pagan, spiritual, Wicca, & witchcraft books.
WanderingSoul94

The Book of Damnation

Post by WanderingSoul94 »

First off I wanted to know if this was even worth divulging my time into, or is it too dangerous or even not real? If it is real are there copies or just one? Would it be worth reading or could I cause havik and devastation worldwide? I am good at heart so I would not want to do anything that could possibly hurt anyone, without needing to. I've just become curious about this one book, because I have read so many other books I came upon this subject and well, like I said became curious about trying to find it.
Kassandra

Re: The Book of Damnation

Post by Kassandra »

I don't think you're going to "cause" havoc worldwide by reading a book, lol. The world is perfectly capable of doing that by itself, unfortunately. I assume you're talking about the Book of Damnation written by Howard "H.P." Lovecraft (a book also known by its scarier-sounding Latin name, Liber Damnatus). Lovecraft was an American writer who lived from 1890 to 1937, so I'm sure there are many copies of this book available. It, like the Necronomicron (another Lovecraft work), seems really old, but it's not.

As to whether the contents of the book is "real" or not, I guess the point of this forum is that one person's fantasy is another person's reality, one person's cartoon entertainment is another person's heartfelt spiritual inspiration. So, I would say, once you personally have read the Book of Damnation, if you ever do, you alone would be the best judge of whether the contents of the book is real or not...to you.

Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I haven't heard of that book, but when my husband was a teenager he and his friends read a spell from the Necronomicon, which is supposedly fake, and some paranormal stuff happened. Like a big wind blew through the room slamming the book shut and ripping the screen off the window. Sounds crazy, I know. That's his story though. It's probably best not to mess around with evil spells that claim to summon demons.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I agree with Starwitch. Even if the spell isn't "real", that doesn't mean it can't cause harm. I personally think anytime you delve into something that's supposedly dark, it could attract negative energies and entities. I've often been told, and have experienced for myself, when you put thought into something negative, it can form itself from that negative thinking or attract things that are negative as well. So I definitely agree with Starwitch that it's not a great idea to work with this kind of thing if you don't want to do anything bad or attract anything bad. That's just my personal opinion, though.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
WanderingSoul94

Post by WanderingSoul94 »

Okay thank you all for this information I don't want to disturb anything that may be evil and as you said if I put great thought into something I could possibly do just that, and usually I always put great thought into any kind of book I read about the supernatural, paranormal, or spell craft of any kind.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Starwitch wrote:I haven't heard of that book, but when my husband was a teenager he and his friends read a spell from the Necronomicon, which is supposedly fake, and some paranormal stuff happened. Like a big wind blew through the room slamming the book shut and ripping the screen off the window. Sounds crazy, I know. That's his story though. It's probably best not to mess around with evil spells that claim to summon demons.
It's funny you should say that. Years ago, I reached for the Necronomicon once in a bookstore, just to thumb through it out of curiousity. As I did, I heard a resounding, "No," and I got the distinct message I should not pick the book up, so I never did. On several occasions, every time I would see the book in a bookstore, I would hear the same thing, loud and clear. No, I don't think your husband's story sounds crazy at all.

Michigannerdrage

Post by Michigannerdrage »

I know not if there are copies of the book of damnation, but I do know it exists. The book is not nesisarily evil or good or even grey. The reason it is called the book of damnation is because the reader is said to become cursed as the price for the knowledge gained. If you truly decide to quest for this compendium, first ask yourself if the knowledge you seek is worth the price.
Planet Earth is both my living room and my bed room and the only things that suck about it is that I can't reach the thermostat and some times the shades leak on me.

Return to “Book Reviews”