Opal~Ink's Dreams

You may keep your dream journal here and discuss your dreams with others.
Opal~Ink

Opal~Ink's Dreams

Post by Opal~Ink »

I want to get back into writing my dreams down as a way to analyze my mental state, get in touch with my subconscious and to draw inspiration from dreams for my art. Having dream journals in the past also seemed to increase the likelihood of having lucid dreams. :fairy: I'll be adding my sketches and paintings also.
Opal~Ink

Re: Opal~Ink's Dreams

Post by Opal~Ink »

My recall of last night's dream isn't great, but I'll write the tiny part of it I remember. It's a little gross.

Mice
Me and a few vague dream characters, including one little girl, are in a large room with vaguely defined boundaries. At the center is a construction made of wood. Narrow planks for pathways lead to small wooden boxy enclosures or "rooms" of various sizes. I tell the little girl that there are mice living in it, and she runs over to try to find them. "no, you have to back up and stay very still or they won't come out!". We stop all movement. At this point I feel like I'm seeing through the eyes of myself and the little girl, experiencing it as if I were a kid, excited, and doing an over-the-top job of staying as still as a statue. The mice start inching their way out warily. Their fur is white and oddly clumped, speckled with rusty brown spots. One I take notice of immediately, he looks just like the others at first but as he comes nearer and the more I focus my attention on him, he changes. I realize that he has a large black nail embedded in his back, and his clumps of fur are actually round white blisters covering his entire body except for his head. I feel sorry for him, and consider putting him out of his misery.
Opal~Ink

Post by Opal~Ink »

Again, only remember a couple of snippets.

Tornadoes
Me and a few other people are in a neighborhood that is being hit with a fiery tornado and a weaker normal one. We have the ability to create fire, water air and earth with our hands, and we decide to do this in order to stop both tornadoes, which are currently heading directly for one another. Some of us work on the fire tornado by adding water to it and pushing air in the opposite direction of it's flow, while the rest of us channel water and earth into the normal one. The tornadoes start to dissipate as they merge, with the water putting out much of the flames.

Goats and painting
A guy, I think it was my boyfriend, had many objects, one a stuffed animal and the rest i'm not sure, all white and ready to be painted (hah, dream logic). I can't remember what the object I wanted was, but I know that it wasn't there anymore and I was annoyed about that.

I wander off and find a white goat and several other animals that I can't picture fully anymore. The goat had a friendly energetic vibe, and I was wondering whether he'd like to be petted on his back or the side of his neck, as if there was a specific rule with goats.
Opal~Ink

Post by Opal~Ink »

The cave
Sometimes my dreams start in the middle of a "story", I am vaguely aware of the story line, my mind just plops me right in at the middle. Me and about 5 other people were traveling through a labyrinthine cave, they were leading me through the tunnels. They knew more than me about the place and about the monster we were going to kill. They talked and joked around as we went, all of them seemed to be in a good mood. I only remember the appearance of one if them. A tall, lanky girl with long black hair. We get to the end of a tunnel they had been leading me through, just a rocky dead end. They say something at the same exact time, I don't remember the words, and then morph together into a large monstrous creature made of limbs, mostly hands. Some of the hands aren't attached to the creature, instead they seem to flicker and move independent of the rest of it's body. It spoke in several voices at the same time out of several mouths. I didn't have the usual feelings of fear or revulsion I get during nightmares.
Opal~Ink

Post by Opal~Ink »

Vine creature

There was a hilly garden, and I had planted something important in it, I just know it was a bush. A a little ways down the garden there was a towering vine plant that was known to devour other plants. It was a mix between an animal and plant, and it grew and moved at a fast pace. It was headed towards my shrub, as if targeting it. It's vines would morph as it was moving, forming limbs and small animal heads to help it navigate through shrubs and the stone pillars that were strewn about. I was with a group of people, and we kept throwing some kind of liquid material on it to stop it. It eventually froze in place next to a pillar, a small animal-like head and a tentacle limb outstretched, reaching towards my plant that was sitting up the hill several feet away.

Quartz dream
I found this one interesting. The other day I made a necklace with a quartz point, as a little thing to help me feel less anxious about something I had to do the following day. I placed it under my pillow before going to sleep. That night I dreamt that I was lying in bed wearing the necklace, and the room was filled with a blue glow as if it were early morning and the atmosphere was peaceful. I held the quartz in both hands and brought it to my face. I rubbed the the tip with my thumb, and a tiny fragment of the point crumbled off. When I woke up I looked more closely at the quartz, it did in fact have a tiny piece broken off at the point that I hadn't noticed before.
Opal~Ink

Post by Opal~Ink »

a woman with long black hair, tattoos on her arms and very pale skin was talking to me and smiling, we were surrounded by nothing but blackness. I can't remember what she was saying. she showed up later in the dream, the only thing I remember was that she was first some kind of animal, deer-like but large and part of a pack. I walked towards her and she came to me, half the deer's body turning to the human body. I was still wary of the small herd of animals behind her, particularly the big male, I sensed that they could be very aggressive.

There was a book made of very thin strips of wood, inside was it was a tarot deck. Each page had a wooden card attached at the center, the color scheme was in soft pastels and all of them were related to animals. the style of the illustrations were very delicate and reminded me of a children's story book. I considered ordering my own set.
Opal~Ink

Post by Opal~Ink »

finally had sleep paralysis and lucid dreams.

I entered what I think was sleep paralysis, it felt like I was in bed but everything was dark, and I heard a deep male voice. He said his name was O----- I don't remember the exact name, just that it started with O and was a relatively short name. I don't remember the exact words that followed, only the meaning behind it, he was welcoming me to his realm. woah, just looked up dieties starting with O. could have been the Oneroi, personification of dreams.

was looking at a movie screen, i saw the heads of people in the rows in front of me, and i realized I was dreaming. I hovered out of my seat and began to fly towards the screen. the dream changed, and i don't remember the chronological order of the rest, and I don't remember much of it. I know there was a lot of music, and rain.

I was in a large room with wooden walls, I see a few drums in one corner, and sitting on one was a type of drumstick, it was shaped as a T, wrapped with leather and at the top part of the T was tied many leather strings. A weird mix between fur and feather was attached to the end of each string, the part meant to hit the drum. I started playing.

further in the room was a chair with scarves on it. a black ruffled one, a few green ones, two pairs of fingerless gloves made in a material other than yarn, decorated with floral prints. I put one on.
Opal~Ink

Post by Opal~Ink »

just a blur of a dream, have vague memories of bright colors, entities that were part bird, part human or part human, part cat. bones were visible, one bird-thing in particular had either a bright, colorful crest or ornamentation around it's head, and was either wearing a bird skull, or it's head was the bird skull. The whole dream was frenzied color and movement and strange human-animal hybrids. As I woke up I heard a very high-pitched buzzing noise.

Return to “Dream Journals”