Holda 's notes

If you'd like to have your own blog here, start yourself a thread. Use your member name somewhere in the title so people will know who you are. The blogs here should be mostly about your spiritual path and beliefs.
Holdasown

Re: Holda 's notes

Post by Holdasown »

Initial painting once dry I have to do the touch ups and Ullr items. Will be done tomorrow instead of today.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

That's beautiful.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

SnowCat wrote:That's beautiful.

Snow
Thanks. It's freehand so up close it looks sloppy to me. That's why I got to touch it up.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

You ROCK woman!
give yourself a high five, sounds like you are doing well at finding ways to honor your spirit and be a wonderful mom. :flyingwitch:

I really like the ornament, I find I make it worse when I try to touch up, I think it looks perfect! And I really like the idea of the themed tree.
I used to work with this old german woman, and she would tell me how her family used to bake cookies, back in the old country...in the shapes of runes to hang on the tree, and then they would eat them on x-mas day.

I remember my G-ma (who was the first child born in America to her parents imigrating from Norway) was quite the baker and the Julaften was a big deal, we always had lefse and fattigman along with an array of other foods like lots of vegie finger foods, turkey, pickled herring and lutefisk... yuck, but there was always butter spritz and all kinds of pastries for dessert. Presents would be opened on the eve of the holiday.
Many blessings for a grand Jul to you!
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

firebirdflys wrote:You ROCK woman!
give yourself a high five, sounds like you are doing well at finding ways to honor your spirit and be a wonderful mom. :flyingwitch:

I really like the ornament, I find I make it worse when I try to touch up, I think it looks perfect! And I really like the idea of the themed tree.
I used to work with this old german woman, and she would tell me how her family used to bake cookies, back in the old country...in the shapes of runes to hang on the tree, and then they would eat them on x-mas day.

I remember my G-ma (who was the first child born in America to her parents imigrating from Norway) was quite the baker and the Julaften was a big deal, we always had lefse and fattigman along with an array of other foods like lots of vegie finger foods, turkey, pickled herring and lutefisk... yuck, but there was always butter spritz and all kinds of pastries for dessert. Presents would be opened on the eve of the holiday.
Many blessings for a grand Jul to you!
Firebird
Thanks. I love the rune ornament idea. The exercise is helping us all.
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Ooohh!

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Members' Personal Blogs”