The Moon

For all things "moon", your guide to magical moon work, moon phases, etc.
Jen

The Moon

Post by Jen »

I feel a pull a couple times a month to go outside and take pictures of the moon. I am not sure why. Since I was a child I use to go outside on certain nights and just stare up at it for hours. It just calms me down, reminds me how big my problems are. It is big and I am small. Just something I have always loved and thought I would share. I can share some pictures too, if you like.
Jake1001

Re: The Moon

Post by Jake1001 »

The moon is our Goddess Diana, or atleast one of them :) she brings us peace and peaceful energy, I understand what you're talking about, I'm 13 and would like to go outside during the night, but then my parents take it off as a safety issue which I do understand but I still really do just want to walk out and stare at its lovely, energy, the moon is cleansing to us and crystals, tarots etc, if you are wiccan the moon is part of wicca :)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi Jen!, aye...the lady in the Sky does have a mysterious draw upon us doesn't she :D
I would love to see pictures, this would be the perfect forum for it. I think it's great you are using her amazing beauty to inspire your creativity. :flyingwitch:
I have a suggestion for you , Jake... is there someone who would go on an evening walk with you.?...a parent or older sibling? Maybe an aunt or uncle or some other trusted friend or relative? Make arrangements to walk on or near the full moon and you wouldn't have to say anything about why, unless you feel ok talking to them about your beliefs.
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
BlueMoonRose

Post by BlueMoonRose »

I know exactly how it feels :D I walk around my house to try and find the perfect window to sit at and just stare out and stare at the moon!
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

Jake1001 wrote:The moon is our Goddess Diana, or atleast one of them
Actually, Diana is the Roman form of Artemis, Goddess of the Hunt, Maidens and many other things. She IS connected to the moon, but she is not a Goddess of the Moon. In the Greek pantheon it would be Selene and her Roman form is Luna.

Just for edification. ^^
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Ive always been drawn to the moon, even as a youngun. I work a lot with the moon cycles now. And work with Selene, the Greek Moon Goddess.

Being that we are made up mostly of water, and the moon has a pulling effect on water such as Earth's oceans. I think that has a lot to do with our draw to her on a physical level.

Not to mention she's just beautiful.

Return to “Working with the Moon”