My lack of past life regression

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Obsidian

My lack of past life regression

Post by Obsidian »

I just did this past life regression guided meditation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqqUjWRaS0g

I got up to the part where you walk into the light which is supposed to lead you into a past life and then I got stuck as in, the me that I could see in my mind walked into the light tunnel and then became disorientated. Me sitting in my chair at home, I could see the tunnel in front of the me in my mind, but the me in my mind was acting like she couldn't see it. She was bumping into the walls and looking around with a non-comprehending expression on her face and then she started to panic. At this point I decided to open my eyes and abort the past life regression. I had been able to visualize all the other stuff with no problems but for some reason I couldn't find my way out of that tunnel and into a past life.

I'm not sure what this means. Do I not have any past lives? Am I blocking myself from accessing them? Is this typical for a first attempt? I am usually a reserved 'down to earth' person and until recently I scoffed at past life regression so I suspect that even though I was honestly trying, my subconscious may have been sabotaging me. Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions as to why I experienced what I experienced or how to overcome it, I'd love to hear from you.
Heartsong

Re: My lack of past life regression

Post by Heartsong »

When I read your experience, two possibilities popped into my head, the first being that it's possible that you don't have any past lives. This may very well be your first. The second possibility is that you might have experienced something so traumatic in a past life (perhaps a death?) that your subconscious is just unwilling to relive it. Those are just my thoughts, though.

As far as trying to overcome it, I'm not sure, other than to keep trying, and see if you can get out of that tunnel, or maybe even attempt to will a door within the light of the tunnel to pass through. It might be like going around your elbow to get to your thumb, since you can't be entirely sure where that door will lead, but circumventing your subconscious's attempts to block you might be a good alternative solution.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Obsidian

Post by Obsidian »

Thanks, Heartsong. I hadn't considered that someone in this day and age could have never lived before. I will keep trying and see what happens.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Keep trying. I think you answered your own question. Maybe your disbelief is blocking you.

Look for different meditations to try. I have had great success with the one from Doreen Virtue.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Hiya Obsidian!

One of my best friend was like you before. During my first attempt to talk to his subconscious mind, it wouldn't cooperate. It responded negatively to the question of whether it would allow us to enter and probe into his past life. Then I asked if it would allow this to be done later. Again, it said, no. Then I asked if something was blocking it, and it said, yes. I asked if was it his mind? It replied, no. I thought for a moment what to do next. Then I asked, "Is it a spirit that's blocking this" It said, yes.

Having said that, I think you have to talk first to your subconscious mind in order to proceed in any regression exercise for you to be able to know what's blocking this. Is it your mind or a spirit?
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Kat
Banned Member

Post by Kat »

maybe the specific method doesn't work for u? try another
*Blessed Be*

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”