Echo_of_Shadows

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
Echo_of_shadows

Echo_of_Shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Hi there! smileydance

[EDIT: Echo has been gone but was a mod her for a time, she used to have a forum called Ask Echo, this is from her page there. Her original intro is gone but this unanswered one will be it's replacement] miss you dear]

I've been a witch for about ten years. I started out by reading what I could get my hands on for about a year before a friend from high school asked me to join her coven. I joined during the summer of 2005. After a year with the coven, I left to practice the Craft on my own.
I consider myself to be an eclectic solitary Witch. I've studied a few different traditions of Witchcraft, and a few different magickal systems. I feel that my path lets me go up to a magickal buffet and walk away with a plate of all the really good stuff that works for me.
Most of the time, I approach the Divine in the archetypes of The Lord and The Lady. I have approached Them in a specific aspect for specific needs or for specific sabbats. The one aspect of the Goddess I work with when I do feel the need to call Her by name is Athena. I've worked with Athena for just about two years now.
I incorporate a lot of Do It Yourself enthusiasm into my practices. I have very few Craft tools that I've bought full price. Most of what I own has been up-cycled or is handmade. I work with what I've got and what feels right, rather than going by the book. I write my own spells and rituals.

I'm working on a Do It Yourself theme here in my corner of the forum. I want to show people how to personalize their spiritual path, and do it without spending a whole lot of money. I've seen so many members ask "Do I have to?" My answer is "No!" If it doesn't work, discard it and move on. Keeping going until you find what does work. I've moved a few things of mine from other places in the forum to show you some of my best Do It Yourself examples, and I'll also be adding in some advice that I've given other members.
The next time someone tells you that you "have to" and the idea makes you uncomfortable, tell them that Echo sent you to give them a big, fat "No!" ;)
Last edited by Firebird on Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: placed for her missing introduction

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”