The books you couldn't live without!

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: The books you couldn't live without!

Post by loona wynd »

jennybug wrote:Thank you! I'm glad you can explain both sides, why you like some and not others. Some people can be very rigid when it comes to these things. Anyway I've just put in an order on amazon there thanks to some of your suggestions :D
What books did you order?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Among Craft books I've held on to over 40+ years are M. Medici's Good Magic which is not Wiccan yet is my personal favorite. Treading the Mill by Nigel Pearson as a good cross-over between Wicca & Trad-Craft, and Lady Sheba’s Grimoire by Jessie Belle.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

My life affirming books are Heidi - by Johanna Spyrii as the author originally wrote it, not the wiped, secular version and Communion by Whitley Streiber. Both have had a valuable impact on my life.
Siona

Post by Siona »

The book I reference most often is probably my copy of The Orphic Hymns (Athanassakis translation). I also pick up Greek Folk Religion (Martin P. Nilsson), and Festivals of the Athenians (H. W. Parke) very often. On the side of things dealing more with witchcraft The Resurrection of the Meadow (Robin Artisson), To Fly By Night (Veronica Cummer), and quite a bit of Cochrane's writings have influenced my path a good bit.
Doktor Avalanche

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Aleister Crowley's Book 4
Donald Michael Kraig's Modern Magick
William Gray's Magical Ritual Methods
John J. Coughlin's Out of the Shadows
Melita Denning's & Osborne Phillip's Magical Philosophy Series
Lon Milo DuQuette's & Christopher Hyatt's Illustrated Goetia
Julius Evola's The Hermetic Tradition
Nick Farrell's Making Talismans
Frater Barrabbas' Mastering the Art of Ritual Magick Series
Frater UD's High Magick I & II
Raven Grimassi's Wiccan Magick & Grimoire of the Thorn-Blooded Witch
John Michael Greer's Circles of Power, Earth Divination, Encyclopedia of Natural Magic, Green Wizardry, Inside a Magical Lodge, Mystery Teachings from a Living Earth, Paths of Wisdom(Best book on Qabalah IMHO), The Art and Practice of Geomancy, The Celtic Golden Dawn, The Doctrine and Ritual of High Magic, The Druidry Handbook, The Druid Magic Handbook, The Occult Book, The Secret of the Temple, Wealth of Nature, Learning Ritual Magic

And many, many more books...
"We are of the gods, but we are not ourselves gods,
We reflect the Divine, but we are not Divinity itself"

Return to “F.A.Q.”