Where Do I Start?

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
Glowing

Where Do I Start?

Post by Glowing »

I have wanted to be a witch since I was fourteen but I have no idea where to start, does anyone have some advice?
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Where Do I Start?

Post by Xiao Rong »

~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Glowing wrote:I have wanted to be a witch since I was fourteen but I have no idea where to start, does anyone have some advice?
What about being a witch is it that appeals to you? That will help us be able to better find the right threads and resources.
Glowing

Post by Glowing »

thank you both ^___^

That's a difficult question, what appeals to me...the spirituality of it, the affinity with nature and elements, its tradition, but I'm a Christian, I like to describe myself as a new age catholic, I believe in God, but not everything taught to us in the bible.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Glowing wrote:That's a difficult question, what appeals to me...the spirituality of it, the affinity with nature and elements, its tradition, but I'm a Christian, I like to describe myself as a new age catholic, I believe in God, but not everything taught to us in the bible.
You can be a witch and be Christian. Witchcraft is a craft and a practice that can be tied into religious and spiritual paths.

You might be interested in learning angelic magic and possibly Hoodoo as well. Both of those are magical traditions that work within the Christian paradigm. Ceremonial magic is also a very christian based practice depending on which resources you use.

Christian Witchcraft

That forum link right there is a place on this site dedicated to the practice of Christian style witchcraft. They may be more useful to you than I am as I don't consider myself a Christian witch, though I do have a relationship with the archangels and Jesus.
Glowing

Post by Glowing »

Thank you, but what I' am really interested in is something that is close to nature, can anybody please help.
Kat
Banned Member

Post by Kat »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBKtAL7xhZw
maybe watch ''how I became a christian witch''?
*Blessed Be*
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Glowing wrote:Thank you, but what I' am really interested in is something that is close to nature, can anybody please help.
Hoodoo is close to nature. Its using the roots and the herbs in the area. Its a form of nature magic that was created by the African Slaves as they saved their beliefs (animistic) and worked with them in the new world (under strict Christian slave owners). Hoodoo then is a syncretic form of magic working with angels and animism within the confines of Christian beliefs and practices.

Any form of magic is really close to nature as magic is the workings of natural energy directed towards a specific goal or desire. For some this energy is equated to the spirits of the plants and the items and for others its all their personal energy that is directed and worked with. For myself I consider it a combination of the spirits of the plants and crystals as well as my own energetic forces (they give focus to the spell).

All magic I have found is natural magic as all magic works with the properties of the items used in spellcrafting and ritual working. Some go further and work with the actual spirits of the plants and crystals as well as angelic presences and saints or other creatures.

I mentioned angelic magic and Hoodoo as those two styles of magic use beings that are considered apart of Christian theology. They are considered to be forms of Christian Magic and in some cases Christian Witchcraft. Hoodoo works with archangels and saints as well as the spirits of plants and stones, the land, and your ancestors. Angelic magic works with angelic spirits through the use of herbs and crystals to work magic.

So maybe it would help to understand what you mean by close to nature?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Old topic may still be of interest:

> I have wanted to be a witch since I was fourteen but I have no idea where to start, does anyone have some advice?

. Cunningham’s Solitary Wicca is available as a free pdf. https://cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/relig ... tioner.pdf
Re spells
. See “Simple Spells” in Post a Spell or Ritual section viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36682

>"Thank you, but what I' am really interested in is something that is close to nature"...

I'd suggest looking into green living methods & adapting your life style accordingly. Recycle. Repurpose.
. Build an out door altar
. Get out in natural surroundings. Print out local area trail maps & go exploring if you can.
. Print off seasonal star charts and go star gazing away from city lights. The night sky is magical! Constellations have symbolic meanings. Commune with the full Moon.
. Use the Compass & Stang Trad-Craft rituals instead of ceremonial magic found in Wicca.
. Build a garden - even if it’s in patio containers to grow your own vege & herbs
. Dedicate several weeks to experience the elements (earth, air, water, fire) as they are found in your surroundings. Create opportunities to interact with each like a guided cave tour, kite flying & carnival 🎡 rides, water slides or body surfing, a grilled veggie cook-out, ... whatever is within your means. Get your senses involved.
. Try pendulum and L-rod dowsing, research ley line to channel telluric energies for healing
. When researching on-line use search phrases like natural witchcraft, green witchcraft or hedge witchery
. Read Trad Craft author Nigel Pearson’s Treading the Mill & Ann Moura’s Green Witchcraft series

Return to “F.A.Q.”