Personality sensing?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Gray Pool

Personality sensing?

Post by Gray Pool »

Past events have led me to the conclusion I can sense personalities.
What is this called? Is it a form of emptahy? I don't know. :?
Omnitheist. Caracal and pronghorn therian (if you have questions, ask please). Haven't found my specialty yet.
MaeRose

Re: Personality sensing?

Post by MaeRose »

I feel the same and have no idea but I would think it is part of being empathic. I sense what people are feeling, like feeling it myself, when they talk. Jelousy, compassion, snub, judgements, fears etc...This really helps me figure out who they are. Is this like you Spiritus?
It is what it is.
Gray Pool

Post by Gray Pool »

Something like that. Its morelike I can feel their general personality. Its only been two experiences so far, so icant tell really. Both times I felt the stronger emotions, le.anger.
But they werent really emotions, more like I could feel they were gping tpo be a jerk roght now.
Omnitheist. Caracal and pronghorn therian (if you have questions, ask please). Haven't found my specialty yet.
MaeRose

Post by MaeRose »

Sounds to me like a mix of intuition with empathic feelings. Did you sense it before the encounter? Sorry you had to pick up on negativity. I have been working hard to learn to protect/shield myself.

I am a newbie here, maybe some of the other members have a better idea ;-)
It is what it is.
Gray Pool

Post by Gray Pool »

Yep, I sensed it before the encounter. I was waiting in a line and turned around and then I got a very negative feeling and alarm bells just started ringing in my head.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I get this as well! (: I personally believe it is a form of empathy, as I am empathic myself. It's a really great way to get first impressions as well (granted, you don't want to put 100% faith into what you feel, but keep it in the back of your mind so you can see if you were right or not). If it bothers you, however, and I'm not sure if it does or not, you can try carrying around an amethyst in your left pocket. It works almost like a filtration system, and allows you to keep others' thoughts and feelings away from you. (: Shielding also helps as well (and if you aren't familiar with it, you envision yourself encircled in an element that feels right to you or you can find other ways to make it work for you. (: ).
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”