What Should I do with the Candles After the Spell is Done?

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
MaeRose

What Should I do with the Candles After the Spell is Done?

Post by MaeRose »

I have read that once you have used a candle in ritual or spell you need to dispose of it as it holds energy.
I feel challenged with this as I send the energy out, not the candle. The candle is just a prop to help me focus the harness the energy. Also, I do not want to be throwing out candles and filling the landfill. I know you can burn them down to nothing but my spells rarely use the whole candle. I also prefer larger votives for my work.
So what is everyone's else thoughts on this?
It is what it is.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: candle question

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hi Mae Rose! You should check out an earlier discussion on burning candles all the way down. Some people (myself included) don't do it because of environmental and safety concerns.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
MaeRose

Re: candle question

Post by MaeRose »

Thanks. Interesting thoughts from everyone. I still think for most spells I can use the same candle and cleanse it after every use. However for some spells I was thinking birthday candles. They are small, burn fast so I can use the whole thing if need be.

Thanks again .;-)
It is what it is.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: What Should I do with the Candles After the Spell is Don

Post by SpiritTalker »

I seldom have anything but a candle stub left from spells & drop it in the trash. Ritual altar-light & quarter candles may be reused in the next ritual. Use birthday candles if you can’t stay as long as a standard candle takes to burn. Some multi-day spells intend that the same candle be burned daily in equal segments and allowed to burn itself out on the final day.

Return to “F.A.Q.”