Is Empathy making me vulnerable?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
ness

Is Empathy making me vulnerable?

Post by ness »

I have always felt very connected to animals. Since I was little I love working with animals, I was always bring strays home and what not. But over the past few years, I feel very vulnerable like I can't handle the empathy I feel. I don't know what triggered it, but at this point in my life I can't even watch documentaries where they show animals being hunted by predators (other animals or humans), I can't watch people fishing. I feel very helpless and that my heart being ripped out. My husband thinks this is bordering on "too much". I remember, I never used to be like this.

The more I have opened my spiritual self, I feel like I am becoming more weak. I sometimes have the same feeling when it comes to children and women but not to the extent of animals. Sometimes I can't draw the line between what's fiction and what's real. If I accidently see some scene like that, it stays in my head for ever and at nights I can't sleep. At this point, I feel its getting too much and I might actually need help.

Anyone has any such experience or any guidance on what kind of healing help I can get?
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: Is Empathy making me vulnerable?

Post by Seraphin »

ness wrote:The more I have opened my spiritual self, I feel like I am becoming more weak. I sometimes have the same feeling when it comes to children and women but not to the extent of animals. Sometimes I can't draw the line between what's fiction and what's real. If I accidently see some scene like that, it stays in my head for ever and at nights I can't sleep. At this point, I feel its getting too much and I might actually need help.

Anyone has any such experience or any guidance on what kind of healing help I can get?
I understand you ness. When I was starting walking in my path and that was happening to me (becoming weak or drained the more I opened my spiritual self), that made me more impatient, and very demanding. I wanted to know all of about the reasons of these, I wanted my psychic skills to be refined as I didn't want to feel that way, I wanted my practices to be perfect, know how to discern what's a genuine experience or a delusion :lol:.

I suggest you to pay attention to these areas as it seems becoming your weakness. Your tendency to to feel weak or imbalanced and mindlessness :lol: in a particular area is a sign that that aspect of your personality is a basic part of your makeup and an area of possible strength for you.

There are two easy indicators of those areas: an intensity of feeling and a frequency of occurrence. This is true even when they are separate. If you can identify an area where they coexist, you've found your spot! For instance, if the presence of poor animals, crying children or mothers makes you weak, probably have a natural talent for empathic or sympathetic interaction and connecting with them; a counselor or a therapist of animals perhaps? -- if you choose to use it that way.

Once you've identified an area to work on, stay hopeful. Knowing these things is a powerful discovery. It's like a buried treasure. Once you know where the treasure is, the red "X" mark -- that's where your defect is -- keep digging, even when it's hard. That is where your success is going to be.

By the way, I'm super connected to animals too ness!!! Actually, I just used a healing spell last week to our resident rat :lol:. This one wasn't sick, to my knowledge, when he first came to live here, but something got a hold of him and a rather large bite has been taken out of his right side. Poor thing. I've been giving him healing and protective energy as much as possible... :roll: Yeah, I know. I shouldn't be feeding him or encouraging him to live here, but... I don't know. I just can't bring myself to do anything other than try to help him.

I've put bread out for him -- we do that, anyway, putting bread out for the birds every day; it's no bother tossing a few bits over to the side where he can get to them without going out onto the open lawn -- and he's not a bit shy, although I don't plan on ever trying to get close enough to touch him. He responds a bit when I talk to him; he'll stop and look at me, especially when I'm sending him healing energy.

Did I mention that he's very cute? I mean, aside from the nasty wound. That's not cute. *cringe*

I guess my biggest concern is that she might be carrying a virus or something. Since he's been seen during daylight hours all along, I kind of doubt that's a symptom of anything even though it is unusual for a rat to be out and about during the daytime. Isn't it? I know he's unwell, but it might just be due to the wound. I don't know what to do about/for him, and I'm not sure I really need to do anything (other that what I'm doing already).
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
ness

Post by ness »

Oh, what a heavy task you have given me!
Actually, I have always wanted to work with animals and children but I feel like I am weak and I can't handle when I hear of all the things that actually happens in the world. It embarrasing but over the years I have built a bubble around me to not let things get to me and now I feel that fear has taken over my life. I am very fearful to dig deeper in this realm but I will try. At this point, I am not even sure where to start. I know I need to dwell deeper into these weakness that pushing it aside like I have been, but really not sure where to even start. I hate the feeling of wearing my heart over my sleeves. I don't want to be that way. I want to be calm and be able to look at it objectively and do the needful.

I personally think rats look cute! I one tried to save a rat puppy. It looked like sprinklers went off and the babies were drowned. I am not even sure where they were. I only noticed it because my dog picked him up. So tiny, no hair and probably one few days old. I tried to revive him, I could see the little tiny heart beating but getting slower. I did everything in my means to save that poor thing, but couldn't :cry: All I could do in the end was bury him and hope this was all worth something. I think you are doing good with that poor rat. But make sure not to touch him or have him in your living area. He/She definitely might be carrying some virus, especially with a wound that might be infected. Its good that you are thinking about that poor fellow and caring about his well being.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

ness wrote:Oh, what a heavy task you have given me!
Actually, I have always wanted to work with animals and children but I feel like I am weak and I can't handle when I hear of all the things that actually happens in the world. It embarrasing but over the years I have built a bubble around me to not let things get to me and now I feel that fear has taken over my life. I am very fearful to dig deeper in this realm but I will try. At this point, I am not even sure where to start. I know I need to dwell deeper into these weakness that pushing it aside like I have been, but really not sure where to even start. I hate the feeling of wearing my heart over my sleeves. I don't want to be that way. I want to be calm and be able to look at it objectively and do the needful.
Well in my experience, when I'm trying to refine my skills, character or my practices, fearing to see what's "in there" and giving up are seductive. It's scary. If not, it's too hard. I can't do it. I'll never reach it. But deep inside, I know that I have to be stubborn and keep trying. Once I've identified my area of weakness, I already know I've found my strength.

So... it's really me who works on myself and learn how to use the dominant aspects and powers of myself for positive, constructive purposes who deserves praise. We can't get credit for regulating an issue or any sort of troubles that we don't have.

Controlling our seemingly negative tendencies and channeling them in positive ways is a big part of the struggle of people, especially us who have a natural psychic talent. It's true growth.
ness wrote:I personally think rats look cute! I one tried to save a rat puppy. It looked like sprinklers went off and the babies were drowned. I am not even sure where they were. I only noticed it because my dog picked him up. So tiny, no hair and probably one few days old. I tried to revive him, I could see the little tiny heart beating but getting slower. I did everything in my means to save that poor thing, but couldn't :cry: All I could do in the end was bury him and hope this was all worth something. I think you are doing good with that poor rat. But make sure not to touch him or have him in your living area. He/She definitely might be carrying some virus, especially with a wound that might be infected. Its good that you are thinking about that poor fellow and caring about his well being.
Hmm... I wonder if I could get some antibiotic into him with the bread I put out for him. I have some herbs that should do the trick; I'll hide them in some bread for her. Oh and he was really, really tiny when he first came here. We thought he was a rat puppy also. My daughter said she might be an escaped pet because that might mean there's only one. My fiancee is a bit concerned that we're going to be overrun... but then, her mind usually goes toward the worst case scenario.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who is trying to save a rat (which is actually a pest for some). Thank you for being so caring to a small helpless creature. It's so unfortunate though that the mouse died :( . But you did your best right? So perhaps, it's his time to go.
Seraphin

ness

Post by ness »

Seraphin wrote: Well in my experience, when I'm trying to refine my skills, character or my practices, fearing to see what's "in there" and giving up are seductive. It's scary. If not, it's too hard. I can't do it. I'll never reach it. But deep inside, I know that I have to be stubborn and keep trying. Once I've identified my area of weakness, I already know I've found my strength.

So... it's really me who works on myself and learn how to use the dominant aspects and powers of myself for positive, constructive purposes who deserves praise. We can't get credit for regulating an issue or any sort of troubles that we don't have.

Controlling our seemingly negative tendencies and channeling them in positive ways is a big part of the struggle of people, especially us who have a natural psychic talent. It's true growth.
I know and understand every single point you have raised. But regardless it's a hard step to take. But now that I have identified that it's a weakness of mine and that its come to a point where I cant ignore it, I will work on it along with other discoveries I have made about myself recently. I have found out that while I am at home, I am always fearful about intruders. We have security system and all that fun stuff but I believe intruders are NOT always physical humans. Weird huh? Like I need to contanstly be aware of my surroundings and protect me and my family. Not sure why I feel this way. Anyways, these are two very heavy aspects of me that needs my immediate attention!
Seraphin wrote: Hmm... I wonder if I could get some antibiotic into him with the bread I put out for him. I have some herbs that should do the trick; I'll hide them in some bread for her. Oh and he was really, really tiny when he first came here. We thought he was a rat puppy also. My daughter said she might be an escaped pet because that might mean there's only one. My fiancee is a bit concerned that we're going to be overrun... but then, her mind usually goes toward the worst case scenario.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who is trying to save a rat (which is actually a pest for some). Thank you for being so caring to a small helpless creature. It's so unfortunate though that the mouse died :( . But you did your best right? So perhaps, it's his time to go..
Definitely try antibiotics. That might help the poor guy. If your fiance is concerned, then you can eventually rehome the rat to a more rat-friendly neighborhood :D
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

ness wrote: I know and understand every single point you have raised. But regardless it's a hard step to take. But now that I have identified that it's a weakness of mine and that its come to a point where I cant ignore it, I will work on it along with other discoveries I have made about myself recently. I have found out that while I am at home, I am always fearful about intruders. We have security system and all that fun stuff but I believe intruders are NOT always physical humans. Weird huh? Like I need to contanstly be aware of my surroundings and protect me and my family. Not sure why I feel this way. Anyways, these are two very heavy aspects of me that needs my immediate attention!
Yes ness! Kabbalistic psychic development also tells us that every person has his/her own ruling skill, ability or behavior that sets us apart. The use or misuse of your"empathy" decides, in the end.

No ability is purely negative. They all have negative functions, but even the ones that seem purely "bad" can be channeled into positive manifestations. What counts is not which ability or traits you have, but how you use them. You can control how you use your empathic tendency.

The reward comes in wisely using what you have. Your inner awareness and intuition are your greatest natural resources; what you do with them is up to you.
ness wrote: Definitely try antibiotics. That might help the poor guy. If your fiance is concerned, then you can eventually rehome the rat to a more rat-friendly neighborhood :D
I put some herbs with natural antibiotic properties on some bread and place it outside the porch where we usually see him. The weather's getting cold here; I hope he has a warm nest. I am thinking of rehoming the rat too. Perhaps, I'll get him tomorrow as we see him most often in the afternoons.
Seraphin

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”