Who are you, and why are you here?

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
EmeraldWind

Who are you, and why are you here?

Post by EmeraldWind »

I ask that those who are comfortable sharing, share a brief summary of who you are and why you are on the path.

To start I will introduce myself.

My name is Scarlett, I was born to very conservative family, and grew up in a rough environment of ignorance. I am a veteran of the US Army, I served on the frontlines of Iraq and Afghanistan. I started the path years ago, but had lost my way. I have recently begun transitioning from male to female, and the closer I grow to know myself as the woman I am, the harder it gets to stay away from the loving arms of the goddess. I never thought I could feel this way about the path, but I do, and it is so beautiful that there are times that I want to cry.

I am here, because I once again believe in the power of the witch. I believe that it is the witches calling, the witches duty, to do all that the witch can to make the world a better place. To seek out the darkness that so many fear, and stand firm against it. To call the power within, and without, to shield the people from those who would seek to do harm. I believe that it is the witch that can and will restore balance to this world.

On our own, we can help each other, in few can we hold the line, in numbers, greater than the grains of sand upon a beach, can we change the stars.
Firewolfy

Re: Who are you, and why are you here?

Post by Firewolfy »

well my name is Jeff I am here because I got to thinkin one day and I felt lost hadn't practiced a bit in 3years and it got to be a bit empty feeling. Emeraldwind it seems like you very much have a warriors spirit by the way you talk. I guess that comes from being a veteran and with that thank you for your service.
famouspoet1999

Post by famouspoet1999 »

I am here to truly find myself and to make myself whole again. Growing up I never felt comfortable in other religions. My family doesn't really understand that they are religious. However I come from Native American and Irish backgrounds and I have always found myself drawn to my ancestors. I have some beautiful gifts that when growing up I didn't much understand. Now I wish to embrace them more and learn how to harness them. They run in my family and I already see them in my daughters. I have always had a love for mother nature and everything within it. Growing up I loved the sight of tornadoes and was never scared of them. I seem to think better and more clearly when I am around nature and my gifts seem to enhance when in it as well. For years I tried to make everyone else happy but something always seemed to be missing. Like I wasn't completely whole. So I am here for me. I only truly feel complete when dealing with nature and am surrounded by nature. So after researching different religions I found that this area stuck with me and something told me this was the right path and this would make me feel whole. I have been reading but am still not sure what is true and false. So if I post something false please let me know. I am not sure which type of witch yet, so far, eclectic sounds the most like me and as far as tradition, I am thinking what someone once told me was called the "granny" tradition. It has to do with your heritage I believe. Other than that I am still studying and learning. Anyone feel free to message me and love talking to others and learning about them.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

That's a very good question. I grew up Catholic, but always felt apart from my family. When I was in high school, my dad started reading about Edgar Cayce. My mom thought he was nuts. I thought he had finally come to his senses and admitted that there's more to the world than what the traditional five senses tell us. I've often wondered, over the years, if he saw things in his work for the government that led him to the metaphysical. He grew up Mormon. I never got the chance to ask, as he died right after my nineteenth birthday.

Emerald, I don't know if I could be as open as you are about being a transgender individual in transition. I'm a happy hetero, which is, of course, much less threatening to some people. I'm still trying to figure out why parts and orientation need to be legislated. I thought that being mentally and emotionally healthy was supposed to be the priority. I think that's why I'm an Eclectic Solitary.

I don't recall ever hearing of the "granny" tradition, but a lot of Scots-Irish settled in Appalachia, and if I'm not mistaken, that area has a tradition of folk healers, mostly elder women.

I look forward to reading and sharing more stories here. Thanks for starting the thread Emerald.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Very good question!

I grew up with a mother who practiced Wicca but grew away from it and instead settled on being agnostic. She still keeps a statue of the goddess on the mantle, however. I grew up taking part in her rituals and I just loved looking at her tarot cards as well.

When she stopped, I stopped and I didn't start again until I was around 13 years old. I got a book about Wicca while in Salem, Massachusetts, and I read it all on the way back home. It was really interesting to me, and I read more and more until I really found myself connected to it. I started using spells (not many, but I did dabble) and the biggest thing I did was spirit communication because I found at this time, I was highly sensitive as well as empathic among other things. Then something bad happened with a nasty spirit and I won't get into that because I don't want it coming back, Haha.

I stopped for a long time, and about two years ago now, I started to really try and get back into this. However, my path drastically changed. I started working with the Fey and now I work with some deities from the Norse Pantheon.

I realized my true calling was to help others in any way, shape or form that I possibly could. I want nothing more than to be able to help anyone I come into contact with, and I stop to help those I can. I have natural healing tendencies as well, so I will be learning Reiki soon (I hope). I'm very in tune with nature and I want to be able to help it grow to get back to the way it once was. I love all things nature-related and magick-related as well. I felt like it was the right path for me to be able to learn how to help others, in unique ways that others couldn't.

So that's my story. (: And I'm very glad to see how open you are with your transgender transition. I'm the same way with my spirituality, despite others not being as open to it. It makes me smile to see confidence such as yours!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Hey,
My real name is Stella, I grew up an atheist (during my childhood going to church was if not really forbidden, not considered a good thing by the authorities and could get you in trouble), same as my parents. Then when I turned 16 I got with a guy who was extremely religious and to meet his expectations I tried to become a devoted christian. Which of course didn't go too well - I was feeling depressed and frustrated all the time, thinking there was something wrong with me for not being able to believe and so on ... After we broke up I started researching other religions as I have always been interested in all kinds of beliefs without really being a believer myself. It took me quite a while to start practicing and when I did, I was drawn to about million different paths and again thought I am damaged in some way :D I read all the books I could find, some of them total crap by the way, listened to several practitioners who turned out to be frauds and wondered around without guidance. Then I started looking for an online communities and found 2 Bulgarian and several foreign really good sources I can learn from. With the communication came the people who gave me advice on books and other materials and I finally got to finding my path. I did save many of my older practices and found new ones I liked and also found out I was not the only eclectic witch, that it wasn't something awkward and strange, that it definitely wasn't wrong.
And I am here mainly to communicate with others, to learn from others and to share my experience, to try and make it easier for the ones that are just getting started. Where I live, there aren't many openly practicing witches. And even though most people believe in magick (or actually they believe in hexes, but not good magick :D ), you won't find a witch that openly admits she/he is practicing. Myself included. So communicating with other witches is something I miss and this is my way of finding people I have more in common with than my closest friends.
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Who are you?

I don't know! :D
I could come up with hundrets of words to describe myself but then another question appears - what's the meaning behind all these designations? Do I really consist of them? No. Do they influence who I am? Yes, in a way. Is this influence serving me or preventing me from diving deeper? Both.
All my "knowledge" is coming from what I experience and perceive and then how I interpret experiences and perception. I can trust myself but I can't trust my interpretations. Questioning every opinion and belief leads to more questions and more answers. At some point one's left with so many answers that they cover almost Everything (and Nothing). I could answer almost every question but does that mean I actually know anything? Or I could say "I don't know" and end up in the same point.
I don't know who I am, I'm noone. But I am. And I love it to the bone!
Someone wise once said that in order to get to know who we are we need to un-learn everything we know first. When we're done, a whole new understanding appears. Understanding that we can't know who we are but we can feel it, sink into being.

Why are you here?

I've got job to do here, all of us do!
Our global job is growth, evolution, outburst into our ultimate forms.
I can't change the world alone but that doesn't make me powerless, meaningless. So I came up with an idea how to help as many people as possible to guide them towards discovering their path, their potential, their cosmic job. And that's why I'm here, on this planet, at this particular time - to do my best. With tiny steps, with slow progression we can achieve everything. Planting a seed is good enough. So that's why I'm here - to plant as many seeds as I can. Which is funny - it reminds me that the Mayan birth metrics called me a Yellow Electric Seed. A Seed that's supposed to activate growth around. So I'm doing my humble job and it feels amazing. Every breath makes me feel fulfilled.
EmeraldWind

Post by EmeraldWind »

Nice turnout. Hope we get some more people, I enjoy reading everyons stories, I know Levitatingcat probably does as well. And yes, Firewolfy, I do have a warriors spirit, but it is a noble and peace loving spirit. In the infantry, we would pray for peace, so that we did not have to go to war.
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

I love this thread! I will write my story out later, I just wanted to mark my place so I will remember lol.
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

EmeraldWind wrote:I enjoy reading everyons stories, I know Levitatingcat probably does as well.
Oh, you've no idea how much I enjoy it, haha! I am a black panther inside so being a stalker is a part of my nature. (Lol, that sounded creepy, I bet SnowCat understands :D)
Anyway, waiting for more people to join this thread and share, it's a good read!
EmeraldWind wrote: And yes, Firewolfy, I do have a warriors spirit, but it is a noble and peace loving spirit. In the infantry, we would pray for peace, so that we did not have to go to war.
THIS! <3
littlepixie94

Post by littlepixie94 »

I am lily , I am 20 yrs old and I have a 2 yr old daughter, we have 2 cats and a dog. From a very young age my grandfather was teaching me about wicca. My whole family noticed I was different and my grandfather was very protective of me and reminded me constantly no to practice black magic because only harm will come from it. I see the future in my dreams, I have done from a young age. when my grandfather died I woke up the exact moment he died with a stabbing pain in my chest, after that happened other relatives died and the same thing happened. I am here so I can talk to other wiccans and how they deal with it. I have also been able to sense spirits around me and I can smell them. x
Floyd Pinkerton

Post by Floyd Pinkerton »

Well, I'm Alyssa. I grew up in a really conservative Christian family and my mom is absolutely intolerant of any other religion. I've always felt connected to magick and nature and was always interested in herbs and crystals and general things like that, but I always suppressed it because of my family. When I was in 9th grade I started my senior project and chose to do it on world religions; Wicca was one of them. For three years I studied Wicca and other religions, and Wicca stuck out to me the most. Recently I decided I'd had enough of forcing myself into a religion I didn't feel right with, so I did a self-dedication ceremony and here I am. I chose the path because of always feeling connected to it, even before I knew Wicca was a thing. I hope to better myself and better my life through this path and get myself back on track and better connected with the natural world.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

To answer Levitaing Cat, yes, the snow leopard understands the black panther purrfectly.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Lilyl

Post by Lilyl »

Well..
I'm not going to start ranting about the junk that happened in my past life. It's not the point. I'm here to find like minded people willing to share their experiences and knowledge with me and vice-versa.

Alternatively, I'm here to find my inner true self once again ....
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

I go by my middle name, Michele.
I'm 23, I'm not sure that most people as young as I am know who they are yet... I certainly don't.
What I do know is that I am an animal lover, a veg head, a day dreamer, an artist, and a friend. I don't have any children, but I am a mother to any who will let me. I'm pretty much the biggest nerd EVER... think marvel, firefly, star wars, lotr, doctor who....

I am here because no matter where my life takes me, I can't stop being a witch :) From a young age I would tell my mother that I could do magic... I always felt at home outside and would leave apples and peaches outside for the "faries" that I was certain lived in my back yard. When I got older it only made sense to me that if there was a God, there would be a Goddess, that they would be a team and balance each other.
I ended up here because I had no one to talk to during my learning process. I connected with many people and learned a lot, but ended up taking some time away from the sight. I came back because I missed having people pick my brain and me picking theirs. I missed having people support and challenge me.
But more than anything, I am here because no matter what challenges or successes I have, I can't stop being a witch or Wiccan. It's wonderful to have a community of people who are like myself.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Return to “For Everyone”