Crape Myrtle

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
The_Reclining_Reader

Crape Myrtle

Post by The_Reclining_Reader »

Hello. I live in the Carolinas, and one tree I see a lot down here is the Crape Myrtle. Does anyone know the magical significance of this tree. I have to trim it every year, and have considered using the branches as wand material.
The Reclining Reader
Media Reviews and Tarot
Pinkpower_80

Re: Crape Myrtle

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

I have wondered this as well. We have a beautiful one here. It is really special because it is a trimming from part of my fiance's sister's favorite tree. She died of cancer when she was 19. I'll try to get a pic of it tomorrow.

Btw, im in Western NC. :)
ladybloodie

Post by ladybloodie »

strength stability Enduring Partnerships, Graceful Change, Inspiration, Stillness, Youthfulness Protects you against misplace anger perfect in Hand fasting ceremonies
Peace & Love. thats wat i got down anyway.
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

ladybloodie wrote:strength stability Enduring Partnerships, Graceful Change, Inspiration, Stillness, Youthfulness Protects you against misplace anger perfect in Hand fasting ceremonies
Peace & Love. thats wat i got down anyway.
I am SO glad you said Handfasting ceremonies! I am getting married soon so my fiance will be thrilled that his sister's tree can be used in our Handfasting. :fairy:
The_Reclining_Reader

Post by The_Reclining_Reader »

Thanks so much for the info, Lady Bloodie.
The Reclining Reader
Media Reviews and Tarot
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ooooo I love crepe myrtle, I think the bark is very sensual, it's so smooth and curvy, and it frequently has great color variation. I think it should have similar qualities to Myrtle.
Ladybloodie has all the qualities ...I like that is a love "preserver". Myrtle is a feminine plant and has association with water, it is assigned to the planet Venus. Goddesses of myrtle are, Venus, Artemis, Aphrodite, Hathor, Astarte, Ashtoreth, Marian.
Mine isn't blooming anymore, but here's a pick of the bark...
Blessings, Firebird
Crepe Myrtle
Crepe Myrtle
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

That's beautiful firebird! I completely forgot to snap a pic of mine. I call it a teenager since it's just now getting larger. Fiance planted it about 7 years ago when he moved in here. The past 2 years it has really shot up.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”