Magickal Gardening - A How-To

Love to garden? Me too! Garden talk and photos goes here: Flower gardens, vegetable gardens, organic gardening, natural pest control, houseplants, more.
Rainbowivannasorell

Re: Magickal Gardening - A How-To

Post by Rainbowivannasorell »

Love this post !!! I'm starting a herb garden there is a wealth of ideas on here,thanks for sharing!
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Hooray for herb gardens. ^^
Rainbowivannasorell

Post by Rainbowivannasorell »

Hi guys :) just wondering if anyone had some ideas of some good herbs to start a herb garden , I want some basic herbs that I can further add too ! As I grow more confident in adding different ones ! Is there any that should be avoided as yet . Thanks in advance.
Esaru Kun

Post by Esaru Kun »

Well my first herbs are rosemary, lavender, chives, basil , coriander ,mint, and I also grow tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, strawberries , [got to watch the kids with this one lol] i have a blackberry bush at bottom of garden [ wild thing this bush lol.]
GirlUnderTheTree

Post by GirlUnderTheTree »

You mentioned something about bringing a plant back from the dead and I have a kinda funny story for that. I decided to try and grow an indoor plant. (I believe it was a type of flower but I'm not sure.) So I got a nice little pot, painted it, filled it with potting soil, buried the seeds and began watering it everyday. Soon enough little sprouts started popping up. Unfortunately I had to go on a vacation for two weeks and I asked my mom to look after it. Well when I got back home and looked in the pot I had a little surprise. The dirt was drier then the dessert and my poor little plants were all shriveled and dead. She completely forgot about them. I was upset but I was determined to fix these plants. I watered the little dead bits everyday to no avail though. I gave up, pulled out all the little sprouts and left the pot in the window. I figured I'd just buy some new seeds later. Then not long after I was cleaning my room, and went to move the pot. I was in for the shock of my life. There inside the little pot, four little bright green healthy sprouts reached out from the ground. Just goes to show you that if you want something bad enough it will always find a way. :mrgreen:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Nature is my church, and my heart is my guide.
~blessed be everyone~
LadyMuse

Post by LadyMuse »

Thank you for sharing. I've been considering starting my own herb garden, however, I'm not really known for keeping plants alive. Any suggestions on which herbs might be good to start with?
"Ignorance is not the greatest evil. The accumulation of poorly mastered knowledge is worse" ~ Plato
T'a Nuk

Post by T'a Nuk »

Depending on where you live, there are many that are difficult to kill. If you have long, dark winters like we do, your plants will be inside alot and you must provide light and warmth. Some easy suggestions are Chamomile, Rosemary, Basil, Mint, Thyme, and Oregano. There are many varieties of each, with differences in leaves, bloom, and aroma. Check your nursery or gardening section of a reliable retailer to see what works for you. You can order seeds of course, and therefore grow heirloom organics, but I recommend starting out with healthy plants so you can learn their personalities and quirks. I find that with many herbs, they don't like to be fussed with too much and often end up 'killed with love' due to overwatering or over feeding. there are some cheap books out there to help you along as well. Rodale's Organic Gardening is a must. Enjoy!
ehsanjadoon

Post by ehsanjadoon »

This is a piece of great information. No chance of getting failed when you are following this guide. Thanks for sharing.

Return to “Gardening”