Thrifty Witch Dream Pillows

Member's writings, poetry, ramblings, etc.
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Supplies:
Dryer sheets
Pillow with case

Not crafty? Can't afford the supplies right now? Well, this was made with minimal budget and skill. Enjoy! :)

Instructions:
Buy some dryer sheets. It's a good investment since you can use the extras for laundry. :P Look for dryer sheets that include scents like lavender, vanilla or sandalwood. I have "white lavender and sandalwood" scented dryer sheets by Snuggle.
Take on dryer sheet and stick it in you pillow case on top of the pillow, right about where you normally lay your head. If you flip your pillow over often, why not add a second dryer sheet to the case on the other side of the pillow?
All done!

Want to add a little magick?

Correspondences for dreaming and sleep:
Moon phase - Waxing to full
Planets - Moon, Sun
Day - Monday
Elements - Fire, water
Deities - Caer Ibormeith, Hypnos, Ikelos, Morpheus, Nodens, Nyx, Phantasos, Phobetor
Shub Niggurath

Re: Thrifty Witch Dream Pillows

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Hahaha, this is too easy! I'd feel bad making an actual dream pillow so easily, but that's just me :D

But seriously - great idea, Echo! Especialy for the lazy and non-craftsy people out there. Brilliant!
It could be also great for those who don't want to commit to a larger dream pillow project before they try how it works for them. Kind of like a "trial" version, lol :D
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

So, Levitating Cat, would you share with us, what you would consider to be appropriate as an actual dream pillow? Some of our members aren't lazy or non-craftsy, but may have legitimate reasons for needing to keep things unobtrusive. In cases like that, a less "in your face, Mom and Dad, I'm a witch, now deal with it," approach is necessary. Just saying.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Oh, the dream pillow idea Echo shared is as appropriate as any other! I didn't mean to make it sound as if I think it's bad or something. No offence at all!
But I don't think that making a "traditional" dream pillow would reveal its true purpose or make someone notice that you're into witchcraft. It's just a pillow with aromatherapeutic herbs and essential oils inside so it can be also perceived as a decoration or something that's supposed to make your room smell nice. Same with magickal essential oils recipes or room sprays (i.e. Sakura's room spray) - nobody would've guessed what they're really for so as long as a young witch won't share that knowledge with her/his parents on purpose I can't see why it would be an "in your face" kind of thing.
The only upside of making an actual dream pillow (with herbs and essential oils) is that it will probably work better than artificial scents for its aromatherapeutic purpose. Anyway, as I said in my previous post, I think Echo's idea is brilliant, especially for those who want to test this kind of stuff and see how it works for them.
Hope I made my point clear and that no offence is taken ;)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Thank you for the clarification. We do have some younger members who have indicated that their families think folks like us belong far away from polite society. That's the very sanitized version of what some people think.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “The Creative Corner”