Substitute for five finger grass?

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Greek_Male_Witch

Substitute for five finger grass?

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

I need Fiver Finger Grass for a spell, but I cannot find easily, and those that I find are very very expensive! is there anything to substitute Five Finger Grass for my spell?

My spell is one of Silver Ravenwolf's to break up a group of people who attack you! (and before you tell me something about consequenses! The spell works ONLY if I'm right, so no worries!)
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Heartsong

Re: Substitute for five finger grass?

Post by Heartsong »

Five Finger Grass (or cinquefoil) is sort of an all-purpose herb, so I think that you could use any other herb that corresponds magically with whatever you intended to use it for.

Check out this site if you need some ideas for what you could use in place of the five finger grass, it's a pretty comprehensive list, with links for purchasing online (and the prices are decent): http://www.themagickalcat.com/Articles.asp?ID=242
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ha ha ha... my first thought was Marijuana, but that's WAY more expensive, heck cinquefoil is only like a couple bucks or so an ounce. Anything with five leaves and looking similar should work, I think strawberries are very close in design and energy.
There are so many varieties of this plant that you should be able to wildcraft it somewhere in your country.
Here is info for those of you unfamilar with cinquefoil, a member of the potentilla genus, which is in the family of roses.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potentilla,

Good luck Greek,
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

thank you both! :)
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Mashiigwe

Post by Mashiigwe »

Firebirdflys response is so apt because being able to identify and gather (ethically) plants is so fundamental to an overall working knowledge within this endeavor. Knowing the plants, understanding the plants, and yes, properly thanking the plant and knowing that when you take them from the Earth you were part of the process. Heck, people do buy stuff. I buy stuff, but.....

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”