Crows Staring

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Heartsong

Crows Staring

Post by Heartsong »

Hey all,

So this happened to me day before yesterday and I have no idea what to make of it, it was so odd. I was driving from my mom's house back to my own when I came around a curve in the road and there was a whole flock of crows sitting in the middle of it. What was unusual was that they didn't move as my vehicle approached them. I ended up having to come to a stop right in front of them to avoid hitting any of them. They didn't even seem to blink when I honked the horn to get them to take off. They just all continued to sit in the road, all of them looking right at my car (and it felt like they were looking right at me, although that could have just been my imagination). After a couple of minutes another car came around from the opposite direction and they scattered.

I've never seen crows behave that way before. There was nothing dead in the road that they were eating, so I really have no explanation for it. The only thing I could think of was that on each side of this small curve, the woods had been cleared for lumber, so there may be a connection there, but I'm not sure.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Shub Niggurath

Re: Crows Staring

Post by Shub Niggurath »

If you believe in Nature giving us powerful signs you could consider this to be a lucky symbol. Crows are witches' best friends after all! ;)
A crow is a symbol of witch's power, inner ancient knowledge, clairvoyance and connection with the spirit world. As far as I know, when crows appear in your life they want to remind you of your magical abilities and your inner true self. It's not surprising that it felt as if they were staring right at you - crows can look through us and see our souls.
I'm not a crow-expert though so maybe someone could share some more insight about this unusual experience. Either way it's really interesting! ;)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I'm getting the chills all over,
oh my gosh Heartsong...I do believe they stalled you to save your life.
Where ever that road went ...they prevented you form comming in to contact
With another car
An animal crossing
Lumber,
Who knows?
Crow knows....dang those animals are smart.
Glad you are here Heartsong :D
And so are the crows.

Firebird
Oxoxox
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Thank you guys for the responses!

Levitating Cat, that makes some sense to me, since I've been so busy lately that the more spiritual part of my life has kinda been on hold.

And I hadn't even thought of that, FF! Now I'm getting goosebumps... <.<
I'm glad to be here too!
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Another thought, is that black birds have heavy prevalence in mythology. While Morrigan is usually represented by ravens, I know someone who has worked with her and met with her, has had her represented by crows before as we don't have ravens near us.

Then there is also the idea of the fey. Commonly, some fey have been known to show themselves as anything black, red, and I do believe there is another color but for some reason my sleepy mind is drawing a blank. Haha! When I do my outdoor work, I usually have crows hanging around when they are honestly not common in this area at all.

All good suggestions. ^_^ And I sure hope that it wasn't anything dangerous! That would be scary! I'm trying to provide a light-hearted alternative! Haha! That would freak me out!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!

Return to “Animals and Pets”