Physical movement feeling during meditation?

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
springsgrace

Physical movement feeling during meditation?

Post by springsgrace »

I've noticed when I call upon the spirit, I feel a strange moving, rotating feeling in my body. I don't actually move but it's like I can feel myself sinking and rising and spinning. I have only ever felt something similar when I fall over in a dream and I jolt awake. What is this, and why does it happen? Any ideas?
:flyingwitch:
| cerelia | oceania | eclectic wiccan |
Sakura Blossom

Re: Physical movement feeling during meditation?

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I've been doing reading on energy healing, so I find it interesting you mention this. Something I remember reading in a Reiki book, was that when you pull Reiki into your body and do Reiki sessions with others, it's normal to feel actual movement. So I have to wonder if the same thing could be said for this situation as well - I don't see why not!

I'm sorry I can't be of anymore help, but I did just read something about this so I wanted to at least say it's not abnormal! Haha.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Gentle Melody

Post by Gentle Melody »

Our minds have to understand the way energy flows, and the most common way is associating it to one of our senses.
Some people see the energy flowing, some hear the energy flowing and YOU feel the energy flowing through yourself, that's what Sakura said and it's probably the root cause.
But mostly of my few trance experiences were similar to what you've described:
1. Entering into trance were like "falling in a bottomless pit" during a dream.
2. In this state the energy flow was much more intense and somewhat chaotic.

So, it's probably related to energy flow, but I'm not sure of what it is. :?
I hope it helps! :flyingwitch:
"If you can't let go, you will end up empty-handed
If you can't control, you'll live your life in vain"

Design Your Universe ~ Epica
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Im really good at sensing energy and usually feel it running through my body.

Often when I meditate, my body will uncontrollably start rocking back and forth, or side to side. This happens mostly in japa mediation where Im chanting. I slip into a deep meditative state. I usually invoke my deity through the mantra and then feel this uncontrollable rocking.

I once even stopped chanting and tried to still my body but couldnt at first, so I just went with it.

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”