A Question About Visualization

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
EbonDusk

A Question About Visualization

Post by EbonDusk »

So last night I was cleansing some new crystals I just bought and since I live in a household of fundamentalist Christians (besides myself) leaving the crystals in salt would likely arouse my parents' suspicion. So, I decided to try white light visualization to cleanse my crystals.

I won't go through my whole process for casting it but basically what I had read on white light visualization is to see a white light "surrounding" whatever I am cleansing - which was not exactly the result I got. Instead, each time I cleansed a crystal, I saw more of a sudden white flash, almost like a camera flash or lightning, which took up all of my vision. Is this kind of white light normal? Was I successful? Or is this a relatively weak visualization?

The thing I'm probably the most surprised by is how it seemed to come so naturally to me. I only started practicing Wicca fairly recently and have had barely any experience in actual spell casting, but I was able to bring forth the white light very easily. Is this a good sign? And if so, should I take it as a sign to pursue white light healing? It's definitely something I'm curious about after that experience.

Thanks in advance for any advice and blessed be!
Echo_of_shadows

Re: A Question About Visualization

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Visualization is one of the easiest practices. No long chants to memorize, no tool price tags to give you sticker shock, no worrying about whether or not that entity you summoned will go home when you tell it to. :P Some of us do use a white light visualization just like you did. There isn't a time limit for how long you have to hold the visualization, or what size the light has to be. If you've got the time and skill to sit and visualize a huge white orb all day, that's okay. It's also okay if you're in a hurry and can only visualize just a quick flash. It's your intent that counts. With practice, you'll start to get a feel for what size your white light should be and how long you should hold it. There are times when the energy we use doesn't seem to want to cooperate. For example, when I put wards up around my house, I intend for all of them to be white pentagrams. Instead, they tend to be every color but white. No harm, no foul. It's just the energy's way of reminding me that I'm not always in charge. :wink:

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”